THE SECRET TO eliminating READING GLASSES

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
If you want to read the text on your computer monitor and at the same time get rid of your reading glasses, just do what I did. I finally moved into the HD Digital age and bought a 40" LCD Sony Bravia TV. I hooked up my computer to it and now the text in all AZ posts can be read at a distance of 8 feet. :D

I didn't know if I would be able to connect, program and mount the TV on the wall without help from my IT manager/son but after struggling through a couple of tutorials and Pdf files, I managed to get everything synced up and it working perfect. You just can't imagine how nice it looks on a 40" screen. :D

I may have to move my desk back a couple of feet to get the full appreciation of the big screen when using the computer. :D

JoeyA
 
TX Poolnut said:
Can you read this from the same distance?

Yes.

It is a huge monitor. :D
You just can't imagine how large the type is.
JoeyA
 
I went from a 19" to a 26" monitor and the difference is amazing so I can imagine what it must be like on that 40" monster!
 
If you have an HD TV you can probably hook your PC into it. We did and it looks great.
 
Hooked my comp. up to a Vizio 37 about 3-4 months ago. Mounted it on the wall as well. Did you use a SVGA cable, or DVI?

I used the SVGA output with no problems, or adjustments at all. Just plug it in, and it's good to go.

Rick S.
 
Rick S. said:
Hooked my comp. up to a Vizio 37 about 3-4 months ago. Mounted it on the wall as well. Did you use a SVGA cable, or DVI?

I used the SVGA output with no problems, or adjustments at all. Just plug it in, and it's good to go.

Rick S.

I don't know if you were talking to JoeW or me but I used an SVGA cable which has a twin pig-tail, so I can still keep my computer monitor working (using the second portion of the Y) at the same time my 40" LCD TV stays up and ready for use whenever I want to watch some Internet video.
JoeyA
 
JoeyA said:
If you want to read the text on your computer monitor and at the same time get rid of your reading glasses, just do what I did. I finally moved into the HD Digital age and bought a 40" LCD Sony Bravia TV. I hooked up my computer to it and now the text in all AZ posts can be read at a distance of 8 feet. :D

I didn't know if I would be able to connect, program and mount the TV on the wall without help from my IT manager/son but after struggling through a couple of tutorials and Pdf files, I managed to get everything synced up and it working perfect. You just can't imagine how nice it looks on a 40" screen. :D

I may have to move my desk back a couple of feet to get the full appreciation of the big screen when using the computer. :D

JoeyA


Yeah, this is the way to go. I have my computer hooked up to a 43" HDTV in my livingroom with a wireless mouse and keyboard. It's awsome. Whenever I want to watch a TV show with commercials in it, I hit the pause button, switch over to AZ for a while, then go back and watch the program fast forwarding through commercials. Just one of the many benefits of the setup.
 
Same way I set mine up....y pigtail to drive both monitors.

I found a great place to purchase cables online. SUPER cheap!! Monoprice.com is the place for any sort of cable.

I originally bought a 10 ft SVGA to check and make sure it worked. Since it worked fine, I went ahead and ordered a 35 ft cable to run inside the walls. The Wife hates cables....

I think I paid like 6 bucks for the 10 ft cable, and 17 bucks for the 35 ft cable. (gold plated-heavy duty) If anyone else is needing cables....



Rick S.
 
Rick S. said:
Same way I set mine up....y pigtail to drive both monitors.

I found a great place to purchase cables online. SUPER cheap!! Monoprice.com is the place for any sort of cable.

I originally bought a 10 ft SVGA to check and make sure it worked. Since it worked fine, I went ahead and ordered a 35 ft cable to run inside the walls. The Wife hates cables....

I think I paid like 6 bucks for the 10 ft cable, and 17 bucks for the 35 ft cable. (gold plated-heavy duty) If anyone else is needing cables....



Rick S.

WHOA!. I just priced a 10 foot SVGA cable at Best Buy for $51.00.

Pays to shop around. I hadn't forgotten you...BTW, Thanks will be in touch.
JoeyA
 
JoeyA said:
WHOA!. I just priced a 10 foot SVGA cable at Best Buy for $51.00.


JoeyA


It does that!!

Just checked back...the 10 ft SVGA cable is 4.15, and the 35 ft is 10.61

Yep, the mark up on cables is really amazing. From 4 bucks (and I bet Monoprice's cables are better quality too) to 51.00.

We need to get into the cable business!!!

Rick S.
 
Joey........your thread title is like something straight out of the Kevin Trudeau school for infomercial production:)

I sure hope nobody posts any of those annoying huge red letters which they often do when they've got nothing of substance to say but just want to shout the same thing a bit louder (you know, a bit like ordering a beer and a sandwich in English in Paris from some bloody waiter who insists on speaking French)....you're going to get a massive headache if they do:)
 
Back
Top