The Siberian Express is About to Roll

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the WPA should arrange for the winners (and top finishers) to get reasonable compensation. The method that is traditional in the US for funding pool tournaments is to make it an Open and have the never-rans fund the prizes. In an actual World Championship there are no open entries, although there may be open qualifiers just before the Championship. And often the entry fees are more like admin fees.
I was referring to requirements for tournament hosts. Perhaps I read an earlier post wrong. I thought I saw prize fund needed to be 100K for WPA sanctioning

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good lord, how can you leave Dennis out.

If I had to pick a single player to surpass 626, I'd have to pick Dennis.

He's probably in the lab right now figuring 14.1 out.
yes hilarious laughter

but world champs i hope to see

filler
gorst
biado
ko pin yi
appleton
hohman
immonen
archer
strickland
varner
why not reyes
ouschan, others i forgot i’m sure

oh yea i forgot corr, fisher, siming chen

this could take awhile

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

no doubt. i would put him top 5 in that list, with filler being the most likely candidate to surpass 626.

ruslan made a good case for himself to be in the contention, too bad he couldn't continue.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was referring to requirements for tournament hosts. Perhaps I read an earlier post wrong. I thought I saw prize fund needed to be 100K for WPA sanctioning
Almost. The added money needs to be 100k. The entry fee could be zero.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no doubt. i would put him top 5 in that list, with filler being the most likely candidate to surpass 626.

ruslan made a good case for himself to be in the contention, too bad he couldn't continue.

Ruslan has said he wants to come back for more.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost. The added money needs to be 100k. The entry fee could be zero.
What we've got here is failure to communicate!

Aka: added money= entry fee= wpa sanction, for the host.

One would think the WPA might get more events, if it lowered that fee. Of course they might dilute their brand or bring in too much damn work.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think filler doesn't have the mental fortitude Dennis does.. yet.

Dennis has been battling for his for decades and filler has benefitted from being on the improve since he started (a single decade ago?).

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member

Touche....
Dennis has become like Efren in several ways,
IMO...
Filler may shoot straighter than the known universe, but I like Dennis in this situation.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, super impressive showing by Ruslan. 400+ definitely within reach for him if he comes back for a few days.