The SML Entertainment Open

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I'm sure most of you have seen on the homepage, the second annual SML Entertainment Open is being played here in Calgary at the olympic oval. The field is even stronger than last years with players like Archer, Pagulayan, Davenport, and Dennis Orcullo just to name a few.

In case you haven't seen the brackets, here's the link: http://www.azbilliards.com/2006smlopen/brackets.cfm

The story of the tournament so far has to be the play of young Jason Klatt from Manitoba, he's made the last four on the winners side and will face his biggest test yet when he matches up with defending champion Alex Pagulayan. The other winners side match will be Luc Salvas vs Johnny Archer, from watching his matches Salvas is simply on fire, he defeated Dennis Orcullo late last night to bump him to the one loss side. This should be a great match with their contrasting styles, Luc has had Johnny's number in some of their more recent meetings so you know Johnny will be ready for battle.

My prediction, Pagulayan for a repeat win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone else left take it down.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a great event! Alex Pagulayan is a favorite in any tournament he steps foot in! :)

The Jason Klatt story is a nice one. Always gotta root for the homeboy! I'm sure he's got the crowd on his side, but then there's good old Luc Salvas. He always seems to put a smile on my face when I see him in the pit, and there sure ain't a dull moment when he's dancing around the table. Johnny Archer, I'm sure, is raring to go, and he can be a very dangerous man as he's nearing the winner's circle. I can't rule out the Scorpion.

Hard to predict a winner at this juncture, but I'm a staying tuned! :p

JAM

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Edwin, Shane or Dennis could snap it off from the B side too! Great field. And 8 of the remaining 12 are IPTers.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
...Great field. And 8 of the remaining 12 are IPTers.

Now, that's an interesting little tidbit! Very interesting, indeed! :)

JAM