The Tornado Open $100,000 Added

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok thanks for the info. Please be sure to post any special rates for the Hardrock when you get them

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just signed up for the amature event. What is the $25 GF that is included? Greens fee? Also do I have to pay for admission to watch the pro events?

Thanks

Last edited:

VivianVTornado

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just signed up for the amature event. What is the $25 GF that is included? Greens fee? Also do I have to pay for admission to watch the pro events?

Thanks
Hi Russ, a green fee is basically a charge to use the table. They do it several different ways a one time fee or pay by each game. Also, all players will get a players pass.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Vivian

Last edited:

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spectator question

Will they charge a spectator fee if you are signed up for the amateur tourn, to watch the other events?

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amateur Events

I noticed recently that the number of players was limited to 64 for the Men and Women Amateur Events. I am just about certain these started out being open to the first 128 paid players. There are already 40 plus players signed up and paid for the Men's Amateur event. Why would the field size be cut after the initial announcement?

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed recently that the number of players was limited to 64 for the Men and Women Amateur Events. I am just about certain these started out being open to the first 128 paid players. There are already 40 plus players signed up and paid for the Men's Amateur event. Why would the field size be cut after the initial announcement?

Likewise, the initial announcement and website stated "no masters" for the amatuer event......now it's "masters give up one game"

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Mixed Scotch Doubles

This should be a great event. Confirmed so far:

Vivian Villereal and Dennis Orcullo

Karen Corr and Corey Deuel

Brittany Bryant and Shane Van Boening

Wedge

VivianVTornado

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I had a lot of master players wanting to play. So I decided to change my mind and allow them to play as long as they give up a game. What I'm not allowed to change my mind and shorten the field lol

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...what you SHOULD do, is make up your mind, and stick to your guns...not change horses in the middle of the stream. You were the one that made the rules for these events. Nothing should have changed from what was originally posted. This is a common trait of "fly-by-night" promoters...something to which you've been subject to as a player, and something that you should be trying to distance yourself from, imo.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

What I'm not allowed to change my mind and shorten the field lol

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I had a lot of master players wanting to play. So I decided to change my mind and allow them to play as long as they give up a game. What I'm not allowed to change my mind and shorten the field lol

No, you have every right to change your mind. It's your gig. I get it. Understand
though that some folks will have registered under false pretenses
(amatuer field was advertised as "no masters" for about a month
after registrations were already being taken).
It appeared, on the surface at least, that the master players were going to be
forced up to the Pro event if they wanted to participate.
This is going to be a great event Vivian, and I'm ecstatic that the stars
have aligned perfectly to allow me to participate.... it's a rare occurrence
for me. Just voicing frustration at the evolving circumstances.

Will their be vendors at the event? (IE cue maintenance)??

VivianVTornado

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...what you SHOULD do, is make up your mind, and stick to your guns...not change horses in the middle of the stream. You were the one that made the rules for these events. Nothing should have changed from what was originally posted. This is a common trait of "fly-by-night" promoters...something to which you've been subject to as a player, and something that you should be trying to distance yourself from, imo.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com[/QUOTE

Why do people always have to complain lol

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
This is a very valid point being made.
Are you going to now let pros play in the amateur but they give up 2 games, or they get all the breaks?

As many times as you come on here only to pimp your tournament, you'd think that you would get the entry specifics down and not change them because you got contacted by masters.

What should have been done is that you say "we've added a masters event" I think you will see that not many people will enter because they want to steal from the amateurs. Or you say, sorry masters players, you can play in the pro or any of the mini tournaments but I'm not going to jeopardize my reputation or the reputation of my sponsor by altering plans that have been in place for quite some time.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com[/QUOTE

Why do people always have to complain lol