The Wonderful World Of Billiards , Snooker , Pool etc !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Squig1981

Hi, please can someone point me in the direction of any threads specifically aimed at people with home tables. I've recently converted the garage and installed a second hand 9ft table. I have respect for table fitters and when I eventually buy a new cloth I might invest but taking this current project on DIY I'm really happy with my slate accuracy and managed to re-stretch the old cloth pretty well.

I'd like to share my experience of buying, dismantling, transporting and rebuilding my table for anyone out there who is thinking of a similar project and daunted by the task. I have quite a bit of building experience too so can offer some thoughts on appropriate techniques in garage conversions. I can share photos.

Lastly, the table is a complete mystery, I was guessing it was a Birmingham Billiards Ltd Monarch but a local snooker shop suggests its a Chinese copy. I'd love it if someone knew more about it as the quality of the build seems very good. 5 slates at 2" thick which butted up to give the most perfect joints.

Me and the Family are not even a week in to using the games room and its been a hard slog but worth it in the end.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi, please can someone point me in the direction of any threads specifically aimed at people with home tables. I've recently converted the garage and installed a second hand 9ft table. I have respect for table fitters and when I eventually buy a new cloth I might invest but taking this current project on DIY I'm really happy with my slate accuracy and managed to re-stretch the old cloth pretty well.

I'd like to share my experience of buying, dismantling, transporting and rebuilding my table for anyone out there who is thinking of a similar project and daunted by the task. I have quite a bit of building experience too so can offer some thoughts on appropriate techniques in garage conversions. I can share photos.

Lastly, the table is a complete mystery, I was guessing it was a Birmingham Billiards Ltd Monarch but a local snooker shop suggests its a Chinese copy. I'd love it if someone knew more about it as the quality of the build seems very good. 5 slates at 2" thick which butted up to give the most perfect joints.

Me and the Family are not even a week in to using the games room and its been a hard slog but worth it in the end.
Welcome to the forums.

Other members have shown their DIY table projects, but it has been mostly in the main forum. Most members are pool players, but your experience will be useful/interesting to share.

There is also a table mechanics subforum if you have any remaining issues.