The worst pool table ever……

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not much of a thread starter. I like to play off other peoples threads. However I thought I’d share this. It’s unlikely anyone here has seen this as it has very few views.

Clearly if it was level and the guy could shoot straight it wouldn’t be a problem. Hard to explain……

This guy actually thinks he shoots straighter than his table. Well his idea of a table…..

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
The video has a good narrative on many concepts. Good link.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez Fatboy where do you find videos like this?? I know why... You got too much time on your hands!

Interesting nonetheless.. Thanks for the video..

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez Fatboy where do you find videos like this?? I know why... You got too much time on your hands!

Interesting nonetheless.. Thanks for the video..
I knew that was coming.

Where did I find this?

Fair question,

For some reason YouTube recommended it. All I watch is pool matches. I saw this link and wondered. When I saw how few views it had-I decided to put it here as it’s unlikely anyone else saw it. If it had 50,000 views I’d wonder why it wasn’t linked here.

So being in the holiday spirit I decided to share my rare find of such relevant and important developments in our sport.

Your man on location……wait that was last week.

Your man lounging at home,
Fatboy😃😃💪

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take forays like this seriously. He comes down vertically on the shot which NASA would do. I think sticking the ball though, is not only a visual issue but a technical/structural issue. When the balls are close together on fast cloth, no problem. As the distance increases, you start flirting with and then exceeding all kinds of available headroom - stroke, torso, shaft and tip deformation, coreolis voodoo clouds etc... IOW distortion. No way around that with current gear and mindsets.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Well the whole thing is sitting on carpet. I suspect there is at least a little weight on his bridge hand he placed on the left side of his cueing platform.
That could cause a subtle tilt to the left. In most shots the 8B was traveling at a good enough speed for that to have limited effect on the path in my unscientific opinion.
I would think one could make a path on a pool table using drinking straws or something and achieve the same results without wasting half a day building that contraption to test a straight stop shot. You could make one using two laser beam breaks and it would be like playing operation. Break the beam and buzzzzzzz. That may make gambling at it more fun.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ten and a half minutes of my life I'll never get back. But then I'm sitting in my basement recovering from COVID so what else is there? OK, thanks Fatboy, I think.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well the whole thing is sitting on carpet. ...
Yup. Not stable. The first thing to do is ditch the flimsy legs.

Then, set the contraption diagonally on his pool table for proper, level support.

Then, throw the contraption out.

But it was an interesting idea. At trade shows you sometimes see very narrow tables used to do demos on, but not that narrow and they usually have side cushions of some sort.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. Not stable. The first thing to do is ditch the flimsy legs.

Then, set the contraption diagonally on his pool table for proper, level support.

Then, throw the contraption out.

But it was an interesting idea. At trade shows you sometimes see very narrow tables used to do demos on, but not that narrow and they usually have side cushions of some sort.
This is the loosest representation of a “table” I’ve even seen……