There's a guy in my local room that shoots every shot like this (5 sec video)

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
His bridge hand going out to the side is the best. He was putting some insane spin on the ball for sure.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We always called that "Body English"! LOL

Stones

There are a couple of guys that play each other straight pool all the time in a pool hall I go to, one of them does pretty much that, hit, cue goes to the side, body goes sideways like he's trying to avoid a dodge ball, he must think that when he dances around that way the cueball will follow his motions.

The second one does not quite do that, but can't stay down for a second after and sometimes before he hits the ball.

I don't think I have seen either of them run more than 5 balls.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
One of my playing buddies uses loads of "Body English". You know, instead of staying down on the shot, he jumps up, twists his body and jerks his stick right and left as if those are going to effect the direction of either the CB or the OB.

I just have to remember not to stand behind him on his left side. He once nearly poked me in the eye with his cue. I suspect you've learned to give your friend a wide berth too.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Hell that's our LO on any rail cut that he needs to draw back to the other end of the table, or when he's unsure if he made a thin long cut.

The best body english is when you think a cue ball is rolling too slow and may get hooked behind another ball, or bump it.. and you give it a big old crotch thrust to push it that extra 3 inches (ahem). Sometimes a crotch lunge will also knock apart clusters better.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is that the way that he shoots, recreated, or is that video actually of him shooting?

That's a video of him actually shooting. Sorry for the blurriness, had to be a little stealthy. It's pretty distracting trying to play next to his table.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Let me guess.... Family Billiards on Geary St. in San Francisco??

Table 6 or 7??

rjb1168

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zorrolegendlogo_zps21c2251f.jpg

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Subscribing for an insight into, "Touch of GINSU TSUNAMI STROKE!!!"

WAA CHAA!

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member

If only we had a video of him running a full rack. That would be pure joy. :grin-square:

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's few guys in apa that we see from time too time that shoot like this sometimes about knock the pool light out of the sealing with there cue its funny too watch

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I wish I could upload videos..

There's a guy who has longer than average hair and every time he breaks he looks like he's having a heart attack.

We thought it was so funny that we took a video of it one time but he had cut his hair beforehand. When he lets it get longer again I'll try and get another one and upload it as long as it doesn't show his face. It's just as funny as this.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes in order to impart enough English on the ball to go the required 7 rails for position, some strange body follow-through action is required to make whitey loft above the cloth and dance around the rails, showing everyone that it was struck by a real power stroke artist.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
If that was a pivot then I am doing it wrong!

A common misconception is that CTE uses a pivot when, in fact, it incorporates a pirouette. The significant difference, of course, is the jet'e, or sometimes called le grand jet'e, that precedes the pirouette.
I hope this has provided some clarification. :)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
There is a player around here that I've played with occasionally this reminds me of... not quite as extreme as this, of course. But perhaps equally impressive looking.

This guy is at least 6' 6" tall, and has a very exaggerated follow through, complete with pulling up at the same time. On that big frame, with a cue in his hand, it is a sight to see.

At least the guy I've seen is all forward (and upward) action, nothing to the side like the guy in the video. If my guy did the "to the side" action, with his wing span, everyone would be in danger :eek: