This just seems a bit sad, Ronnie Allen.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Ronnie's Wiki page seems WAY too thin. I think some of our members here should be able to help beef up his page on wiki by adding accomplishments, and more about his past, and what he's done for pool. I don't know much about the man, but even I know there is A LOT more that can be said about him.

Link here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Allen_(pool_player)

feel free to just add here, and I am willing to copy and paste to his page.

Thanks guys,

Justin
 
  • Like
Reactions: JAM
Ronnie's Wiki page seems WAY too thin. I think some of our members here should be able to help beef up his page on wiki by adding accomplishments, and more about his past, and what he's done for pool. I don't know much about the man, but even I know there is A LOT more that can be said about him.

Link here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Allen_(pool_player)

feel free to just add here, and I am willing to copy and paste to his page.

Thanks guys,

Justin

I think you may have the wrong link. I was the one who created it, unfortunately, after his death: HERE

The problem is everything has to be referenced with a print media or online reference source for Wikipedia; otherwise, the editors and bots will delete it. It is a time-consuming endeavor.

I have some more to add to Ronnie's article when time allows. Steve Booth sent me a plethora of stuff to pore through, so I will do my best to get it up there soon. :smile:
 
I think you may have the wrong link. I was the one who created it, unfortunately, after his death: HERE

The problem is everything has to be referenced with a print media or online reference source for Wikipedia; otherwise, the editors and bots will delete it. It is a time-consuming endeavor.

I have some more to add to Ronnie's article when time allows. Steve Booth sent me a plethora of stuff to pore through, so I will do my best to get it up there soon. :smile:


Makes since I guess. Thanks Jam!
 
Makes since I guess. Thanks Jam!

It is difficult to contribute to Wikipedia and have it stick. On this article since its inception, there's now a heading on it now that says the following:

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the
talk page.

This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (March 2013)

This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2013)


Everything I contributed to that article was backed up with references, and yet they still put this heading on it. It is frustrating to spend hours and hours poring through pool print news media and have the Wikipedia editors and bots destroy what is contributed by placing this kind of heading on it. :(

Just that one photo that Steve Booth donated to the article took a lot of e-mails back and forth with Wikipedia before they would even allow it on the page.
 
Last edited:
Jam--I haven't been around here long, but have to say ,, thanks for all the work your doing . I have read and reread many threads that you have posted,,sometimes about people I knew and ran with,,and others I hadn't had the chance to meet,, but heard of from the freinds that I made in the short time I was on the scence so to say.There have been too many greats that have passed in the last few years. Untimely passings, just to add in my opinion. On the subject of the Wiki rewrite's--seems like they want history percieved the way they want it--and it's not just in the pool world.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JAM
Jam--I haven't been around here long, but have to say ,, thanks for all the work your doing . I have read and reread many threads that you have posted,,sometimes about people I knew and ran with,,and others I hadn't had the chance to meet,, but heard of from the freinds that I made in the short time I was on the scence so to say.There have been too many greats that have passed in the last few years. Untimely passings, just to add in my opinion. On the subject of the Wiki rewrite's--seems like they want history percieved the way they want it--and it's not just in the pool world.

No, wiki just wants fact.

And as mr wanderone proved, a lot cannot be proved, in pool
 
It is difficult to contribute to Wikipedia and have it stick. On this article since its inception, there's now a heading on it now that says the following:

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the
talk page.

This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (March 2013)

This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2013)


Everything I contributed to that article was backed up with references, and yet they still put this heading on it. It is frustrating to spend hours and hours poring through pool print news media and have the Wikipedia editors and bots destroy what is contributed by placing this kind of heading on it. :(

Just that one photo that Steve Booth donated to the article took a lot of e-mails back and forth with Wikipedia before they would even allow it on the page.

Wow ... what a shame. Makes me think of the old expression, "No good deed goes unpunished." :banghead: Thanks for the fine effort.
 
I think you may have the wrong link. I was the one who created it, unfortunately, after his death: HERE

The problem is everything has to be referenced with a print media or online reference source for Wikipedia; otherwise, the editors and bots will delete it. It is a time-consuming endeavor.

I have some more to add to Ronnie's article when time allows. Steve Booth sent me a plethora of stuff to pore through, so I will do my best to get it up there soon. :smile:


thats spot on!! :thumbup:
 
Back
Top