This Old McCready vs Matlock Footage Has Me Confused.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone help me out here? If you go to around the 18 minute mark Dave Matlock was trying to hit the ball near the side pocket. He doesn't get the hit so Keith takes ball in hand and bumps the ball of the rail and it sounds like he pockets a ball in the process. Then on his next shot he shoots an entirely different ball and runs out.

Did he somehow get a free shot there? In all the talk about the old nine ball rules I don't recall ever hearing about a free shot like this.

What am I missing?

https://youtu.be/Awd2SObe2m0

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Keith pocketed a ball on this shot now. I think I was hearing an adjacent table. Still curious about the free shot though.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's two balls near that side pocket after a safe is played during the blackout period. 3 behind the 9 I believe. Pockets the 3 in the side with BIH.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Keith played the 4 in the side off the 9 on the shot you're talking about.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Haha, not that I am an esspert or anything, but, the only time that I have heard of a Free Shot was when you watch Bangers playing on a Bar Box.

I think that many of us have heard of a few fairly Off the Wall Rules when it comes to that.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah if you go to 16:08 you'll see the 4 ball sitting there and the 9 rolling up next to it hiding it from the camera

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone help me out here? If you go to around the 18 minute mark Dave Matlock was trying to hit the ball near the side pocket. He doesn't get the hit so Keith takes ball in hand and bumps the ball of the rail and it sounds like he pockets a ball in the process. Then on his next shot he shoots an entirely different ball and runs out.

Did he somehow get a free shot there? In all the talk about the old nine ball rules I don't recall ever hearing about a free shot like this.

What am I missing?

https://youtu.be/Awd2SObe2m0

You can't really see it in the video, but I believe there was a ball behind that ball you see by the side pocket. Dave was trying to masse to the long rail, short rail, and back to hit the ball. He instead ran into the ball on the long rail and gave up ball in hand.

edit: should have read the rest of the thread first. Others saw it also.