Thread mill to match Radial pin

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
I was just thinking the shank must be at least .250, cutter od looks a little bigger, not much. Seems like a pretty flimsy tool considering it must use a full bit for correct form, being that skinny and that long.
If you thread inward with it you have a bit more leeway on shank diameter. As long as the head is under the bored hole size.

robbycar

Registered
Where can I get one?

1709181389167.png

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another dumb question.........what the heck is the thread pitch of that cutter? Is it 10TPI or......... I've rarely seen those ball pins so I don't know diameters or what pitch they are. I was going to reach out to a tool maker and see if he's got the capability to grind such a thing. Does anyone know actual dimensions?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Another dumb question.........what the heck is the thread pitch of that cutter? Is it 10TPI or......... I've rarely seen those ball pins so I don't know diameters or what pitch they are. I was going to reach out to a tool maker and see if he's got the capability to grind such a thing. Does anyone know actual dimensions?
.3125 minor. 3/8 OD
7.5 TPI ( close to it ).
Buy one screw and take it there .

Last edited:

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7.5 Lovely. Who the hell invents these silly things. Goodness gracious. Ooook. Thanks much. I'll probably buy one and make my own forming tap of sorts. Thanks for the information.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked it out at 3.41mm pitch, when I made some joint protectors years ago, and used an R1.5 radius cutter and put more relief on the leading side of the tool. On thread mills that have alot of material to take out for special thread forms , like used for plastic containers, the cutter has 2 at full form for the top, and 2 at partial form for the bottom of the shape. Combined they generate the full form. So 2 are relieved at the base and 2 relieved at the top. As supplied, it was all full form.