Tiger IB+ Material?

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
As the topic says what is or in your opinion the closest material to Tiger products ice breaker plus material ( the new orange stuff ) I own a fortis pro and the ferrule is getting a bit low compared to original hight. I called them and the won't sell a rod type length to the public. So any suggestions other than sending it to them? Looking for just a few inches to have for repairs. Thank you in advance.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
You're going to repair tips, instead of replacing them? :unsure:

The fortis carbon shaft uses the same material as the ice breaker tip for the ferrule.... I said nothing about repairing tips and not replacing them, this thread is a question about the material used.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
The fortis carbon shaft uses the same material as the ice breaker tip for the ferrule.... I said nothing about repairing tips and not replacing them, this thread is a question about the material used.
Ah, I haven't been keeping up with their product line, I guess. Seems like they aught to provide the materials if they're used in such a manner. 🤷‍♂️
I logged in to my wholesale account and didn't see it.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Ah, I haven't been keeping up with their product line, I guess. Seems like they aught to provide the materials if they're used in such a manner. 🤷‍♂️
I logged in to my wholesale account and didn't see it.
I totally agree, If they are willing to sell a tip size they should sell uncut inch sizes imho.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
This is one of their jump/break shafts with an orange all in one tip/ferrule. Don't know what it is made of, but seem to shatter pretty well. My customer went to jump a shot and chunks flew off and that's what they got when they were looking at it after. Got to say haven't seen that happen when it's an all-in-one material. I cut the top flush, filled the voids with epoxy, re-faced it and installed a white diamond and the customer has been very please.
4208213889571491724.jpg

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a few searches for orange thermoset plastic rod and I really didn't get any hits. My guess is that it's common material they have special ordered in their own bright orange colour. If it shatters as Dave says, it's definently harder than Juma or Elforyn.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one of their jump/break shafts with an orange all in one tip/ferrule. Don't know what it is made of, but seem to shatter pretty well. My customer went to jump a shot and chunks flew off and that's what they got when they were looking at it after. Got to say haven't seen that happen when it's an all-in-one material. I cut the top flush, filled the voids with epoxy, re-faced it and installed a white diamond and the customer has been very please.
View attachment 756417
I've never been impressed with the one piece tip/ferrule combination by anyone. The tip is always a good option if miscues happen and chip the tip.

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
Gold Member
Why the hell is it hollow? Doesn't look like there was much material thickness at all at the apex of the tip. Crazy....

dendweller

Why the hell is it hollow? Doesn't look like there was much material thickness at all at the apex of the tip. Crazy....
predators maple break cues are hollow like their playing cues. Found that surprising. Assume it's for the ld properties. Maybe it's the same reason for this ferrule being hollow, less mass.

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
Gold Member
predators maple break cues are hollow like their playing cues. Found that surprising. Assume it's for the ld properties. Maybe it's the same reason for this ferrule being hollow, less mass.
Interesting, LD isn't normally a property I consider on break/jump cues, I'm usually looking for quite the opposite. Thanks.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Never mind, just installed some Micarta with a SIB Pro, plays pretty sporty, looks more normal than the orange anyway... Probably " lower deflection" as well.