Tim Scruggs Hoppe cue!

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
It's a joke

I think I owned that Cue. It sold for over double that. That being said some people hate their money.
Nick ;)

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Scruggs Scam

This is a scam. The responder will say they are out of the country and ask you to send funds. I have posted this warning before about this same cue.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
This is a scam. The responder will say they are out of the country and ask you to send funds. I have posted this warning before about this same cue.

oh ok good. I would hate to think someone got a great deal on a cue and it wasn't me:D

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
This cue for sale appears to be a scam, I have seen this same response with a Scruggs cue on Craigslist recently as well from the same email address (sahmat1961@hotmail.com). I have posted the link and response, hopefully nobody gets sucked in.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/4237504587.html

Hi,
Thanks for being interested in buying my Original Tad Kohara Custom Pool Cue - Pre-1976 . You will find more pictures in attachment.
I will start my email by telling you that I'm currently out of country so pick up isn't an option. The cue is as described, in perfect condition and will be delivered at your home address. Total price will be $780.00 and the transaction will be made only through eBay because i am not in the country anymore and this way it's safer for both . Right now I'm in United Kingdom, just arrived here 3 days ago. Before I left I found a buyer and I had everything arranged. I paid for the shipping and almost sent it to him. But yesterday the buyer that I had asked me to wait another 4 weeks because he suddenly had other priorities and he is out of money for the moment. I can't wait this long as I'm in United Kingdom for 3 days now and i really need the money, I am in the moving process, changing the work place and everything. A major issue is that if you want to buy my cue you really need to have the money ready for it.
If you are interested reply me for further instructions on how will you be able to get possession of the cue .
I am waiting for your answer.

Warmest regards,
Nancy Bower

This Scruggs was the first scam cue I inquired about, same message about this and the Tad. Hope this helps everyone. THx

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I got the same style of email from a Nancy Graham with regard to a Tim Scruggs cue on the Oregon Coast CL.

SiGpOiNtMaN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Scruggs

Thanks for all the input, think I'll pass on contacting seller then, though would be an awesome deal.
Thanks Again

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
I had a guy try to sell me a cue that was suppose to be a Balabushka on there, and the cue was recently sold on ebay as an unknown cue. The guy only had the pics off ebay,lol. The cue was in a closet of someone on here. Glad I didn't send money. The guy had a nice approach.
The guy wanted me to send him $1700 for the cue. Maybe he was going to get it out of your closet, and ship it to me,lol. I would have payed $1700 for the cue, it looks great. His name is Dylan Carbis. Here was his last e-mail to me before I sent the money. Hello
Many thanks for your returning message. Please see the added photos. The cue is located at my home in Manchester, England. The total price is $ 1700 shipping included.
As to the delivery and payment I wish to use a professional shipping company. You will see here how it works.
The shipping company will manage and intermediate our sale. I will prepare and safely pack the item for the delivery and I'll consign it to the delivery company paying for all the fees upfront, you then must make the payment to the shipping company and they will ship to your home address.
From the arrival date you will have 10 days inspection period to check and approve the product. Upon this period you can accept or decline the purchase, if the latter a full price refund will be processed. (All shipping return costs will be for me to cover).
Please let me know if you agree to these conditions and send me your full address and telephone number so I may look for the possibility of delivery.
With warm regards,
Dylan.

Last edited: