Tip consensus. Soft -Medium-Hard

localredhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With that in mind Red, why not just get a hard tip of your choice?

What is a "pressed" tip. Put in a vice and squished top to bottom? Your not talking burnishing the sides right?

I use a Triangle or Elkmaster medium. Whichever my guy has at the time.

I didn't see this before...
my humble hypothesis is that using a hard tip is better.

Why not just get a hard tip? I believe that my method of producing milk-duds and pressing them produces a better playing tip.

What is a pressed tip? It's basically as you assume - however I use one that is made for the job and is concave on one side.
s-l1600.jpg

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have we reached consensus?

No, and never will.

But apparently some guys are interested in what other guys use.

Me myself, I prefer Charmin. I dont like the radio jingles they run, but when it comes to cleaning really sticky shit from a buttcrack...... Charmin gives Angel Soft the 6 out and the breaks.

I wonder what Willie Mosconi used to wipe his ass? Or SVB for that matter? I bet whatever he uses is more technologically advanced than what the old guys used. So an accurate comparison of whose ass was cleaner isnt fair.

You also might need to account for diets. Willie likely ate far more fiber than SVB, so Im betting that even though his TP of choice wasnt as fancy as the ultra soft, quilted stuff the players of today wipe their ass with, I would venture a guess to say Willies crack was the cleanest of all (non sticky shit).

Now that said, if you factor in Babe Cranfield. Babe was a salesman for the Muzak corporation, and they has very strict policies about dirty ass stink. Babe Im sure used a bidet. 7 days a week, 6 times a day, for more than 8 seconds each time.

:duck: