Tip - What flavor is everybody running these days - Just to see what is more liked

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I just wanted to see what everybody is using for their Tip choice these days and what you like about them. I plan on ordering me some Black Medium Ultra skins to try , I have been using Triangle here latley and once they break in the seem to take English really well . I use to really like LePro's but It seems it is hard to find a good one these days , what are you guys liking these days . Thanks for all you input

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Hello ,

I just wanted to see what everybody is using for their Tip choice these days and what you like about them. I plan on ordering me some Black Medium Ultra skins to try , I have been using Triangle here latley and once they break in the seem to take English really well . I use to really like LePro's but It seems it is hard to find a good one these days , what are you guys liking these days . Thanks for all you input
Once you taste the amazing combo of chocolate and caramel, you won't want anything other than a milkdud.

Any dud is good, but the outsville are super consistent and you can actually order different hardness. I consider the Kitech milkduds, very nice tips too. No mushrooming, consistent play from the second they are on your tip. No mushrooming, very little maintenance, hold chalk like a mofo and last forever. What's not to like? Why even mess with layered tips? There really is no advantage to them, if anything having to mess with glue layers and changing hardness over the life of the tip makes them much worse IMO.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Sniper, by far the best tip ive ever seen in my life, until this day it amazes me how much draw I get, and how accurate it is, also sometimes I go very far offset and still no miscue, I know alot of AZ scientists said that tip doesnt matter and its all about offset point, or miscue point or whatever they call it, but I can guarantee you they are wrong, I use a certain tip I go not too far off an offset and it miscues, and I use sniper I go even further out and it doesn't miscue.

Same stroke, same person, same layout, same shaft, different tips, thats is all.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Sniper, by far the best tip ive ever seen in my life, until this day it amazes me how much draw I get, and how accurate it is, also sometimes I go very far offset and still no miscue, I know alot of AZ scientists said that tip doesnt matter and its all about offset point, or miscue point or whatever they call it, but I can guarantee you they are wrong, I use a certain tip I go not too far off an offset and it miscues, and I use sniper I go even further out and it doesn't miscue.

Same stroke, same person, same layout, same shaft, different tips, thats is all.
Chances are that if you're going out far enough to miscue with any tip, you're out there too far. I don't disagree with what you're saying, kamui .98 and an Onyx tip feels like this to me too. You can move the miscue limit out by 1/4" or more, but if you're that far outside, chances are you (like me) should be working on getting better shape and not have to bail out by courting disaster with physics. Physics can be a cruel mistress, it's best not to tempt her into retribution.

I used to think this tip combo gave me an advantage, I could get out of trouble spots that a "normal" tip/chalk would fail. Truth was, I was deluding myself into thinking having such a horrible shot wasn't my fault. I've worked on fixing this fault so at least on my turn I never have such shots to contend with. If my opponent leaves me a shot like this, I would be a fool to shoot such a low percentage shot anyway. Best to tie them up with a safety game and get them to flirt with physics doom.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yadda yadda yadda multilayer,yadda yadda 35 bucks, yadda yadda yadda glue on the ball

Triangle is as indestructible long lasting and inexpensive as my players sneaky pete, a good combo.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Like you, the cheapest I can get.

Don't need a soft tip 'cuz I'm too skeered to shoot anything but center ball hits and don't need a hard one 'cuz I break like a little bitch.

Currently I'm using an old one that was found on the floor at the pool room.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ultraskin Ivory soft installed by Muellers- never had a problem or looked for an excuse with them and they recondition your shafts expertly included with the tip install fee - done by one of the best living cue makers Troy Downey - all for $20 - need any more advice?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have four shafts that I rotate on my player.
The shafts are exactly the same (diameter, taper, and length of taper) except for the tips.
I like hard pressed single layer tips.
3 are Triangles and one is a milk dud.
I cannot tell the difference between the Mild Dud and the Triangles.
They both are inexpensive and last forever.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pooldawg has some I like.
3C18BB93-8D0B-403A-940B-3956B53A906A.jpeg

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
G2 Medium. I used to play with a Moori, then Kamui, and have gone back and forth between Kamui's and G2's for a couple years now and I'm convinced G2's are more consistent. It's going to be hard for me to get away from the G2's unless they change their recipe in the future.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried quite a few layered tips and some were good and some were not.
I'm using Triangle tips that I get installed at the local billiards store for $13 and it only takes a day.
They are cheap and work for me.