To the Forum:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may have to read your Book now. What about raising an 'astute of the Game' would this be a decent title for another Book On Billiards? But yes I really like your statement here, it is the opposite of the divisional thinking - that I see much of these days from phony germalists'.
Decries 'divisional' thinking.

Seriously!!!
Screenshot_20230219-095938.jpg

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Although she probably doesn't realize it, (because I've never told her outright) Angel is one of my personal heroes. Which to me means a lot because I don't really idolize that many people.

Pool is an American staple and has been from the founding of this great country. Not unlike church on sunday morning, it has devout followers and part time worshippers. Not unlike rock n roll music and its polar opposite, country and western, pool permeates every gender, class and culture. Not unlike a family reunion, some pool families are very large and some have dwindled down to a single soul. Not unlike political parties, some players are progressive, some are traditional, some are liberal and some are independent. And not unlike artists, some are naturally talented while others must study and practice, some are impressionistic while still others are surrealistic, and still others are architects and designers

Pool and billiards represents everything we hold dear and everything we fear. Pool and billiards represents the very core of human existence; the joy, the pain, the journey and the destination, the life and the death of us all, thru a medium of simple yet ingenious complexity.

Who are we without a beautiful challenge to overcome, a puzzle to solve, or chaos to organize and conquer? We would be nobody but bodies floating thru space and time.

And who are we but the very same individuals who have lived and breathed pool and billiards in the past. Angel is telling the story of you, and me, and all of the players we encounter in our lifetime with this game. In other words, It's the story of us.

And to tell that story requires a special kind of love. Selfless love. And respect, and honor, above and beyond what most people are capable of embracing for and about the self absorbed pigs that we tend to be.

Words alone cannot describe the beauty that dwells in the heart of a woman such as Angel, who has been so aptly and appropriated named. I wish her the very best and only hope that someday I can give her back a fraction of what she is giving of herself.

Here's to you Angel.
It has been an inspiration and an honor to know you.
- me
Awww Dave…I miss you so much!
May your soul have rest and be comforted knowing you were loved and appreciated🙏

Here’s a few photos of one of our last outings together to run to the Carom Room in Madison,WI, to interview Team USA readying for the Mosconi Cup.

Attachments

• 371044C7-5D77-447F-9308-A4E219BA2AE0.jpeg
    371044C7-5D77-447F-9308-A4E219BA2AE0.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 82
  • C53CD90B-2B09-41FB-A24C-7B8A5AE7B46B.jpeg
    C53CD90B-2B09-41FB-A24C-7B8A5AE7B46B.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 83
  • F8C02FF9-1FEF-4630-B2D2-324A2CDE600F.jpeg
    F8C02FF9-1FEF-4630-B2D2-324A2CDE600F.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
May your soul have rest and be comforted knowing you were loved and appreciated🙏

Here’s a few photos of one of our last outings together to run to the Carom Room in Madison,WI, to interview Team USA readying for the Mosconi Cup.
Is that Skyler, Oscar D., and Billy Thorpe in the center pic???

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

who are the 6 people in the center pic?