Tom Hay's new line of tips

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Hi Tom since you are here can you confirm these tips are made by you in Florida? I keep running into people who think you told them you make them here in the states so clarification is in order....

I think I am going to order some ultra skins now.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris,

I have told everyone since my first post, the tips are made to my specifications, I do quality control and personaly back each tip.

No one has mentioned you or your tips in this thread. Are you somehow the Tip Police?

The quality I offer I do not believe has been an issue and the prices I offer them for has been more than well recieved.

I have seen your style both here and on Facebook. You seem to try to inflict some fear in others tips hoping yours will sell.

You tell very little about how your tips are made. I mean for all we know you are simply dunking Triangles or Le Pros into a mystery sauce. Where do you get your leather why is it Pre Domed?

Its a two way street my friend, you want info, you give info.

I am sorry to the other posters for this crude post of mine

I whole heartaly hope if you like Chris's Tips you buy them. And Chris, I hope you sell a thousand times the tips I do but ask that you let the other Players, Cue Makers and Cue Repair people use their own god given judgement without you jumping in threads and trying to show some sort of superiority by trying to find a way to down people to make yourself look good. That is like drinking Poison thinking the other person will die.

I wish you the very best and hope in the future you will let things go to integrity of seller, quality and service seller offers and reputation as in the end that is all that truly matters.

Thanks

QUOTE=The Renfro;5615923]Hi Tom since you are here can you confirm these tips are made by you in Florida? I keep running into people who think you told them you make them here in the states so clarification is in order....[/QUOTE]

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Chris, I hope you sell a thousand times the tips I do

He's not making it easy on himself. It took multiple e-mails and a long time to get a response to a simple question (which he never actually answered, incidentally), the two medium tips he sent me were complete garbage (though the medium-hards were OK, is currently on one of my shafts and is actually a very nice tip, so good job there), and marketing via slamming the competition leaves a decidedly sour taste in my mouth. It's doubtful he'll get anymore of my business unless he cuts the crap and starts acting like a businessman. You generally seem to have a good product, Chris. There's no reason for this and it's probably hurting you more than helping.

The be fair, Billiard Warehouse DOES list your tip as an American made tip. I don't know that anyone else does, but they do. If that's not true, then you need to contact them and correct the error. Personally, I doubt most people care. It's not like there's a huge number of companies all making the exact same tip....you use what you like.

Last edited:

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Tom since you are here can you confirm these tips are made by you in Florida? I keep running into people who think you told them you make them here in the states so clarification is in order....

I have tried your tip (it's a good tip) and have ordered Tom's new ones. I will put one on the day I receive it and give my feedback on the tip to Tom. Who cares where Tom's tips are made, you are making yourself look like a fool. So do yourself a favor and stop. Tom, I will send you a PM after I use it a couple weeks. My buddy has put on 100's of ultraskins and everyone loves them, his biggest seller.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip on the tips :wink:

Just ordered 10 and I cant wait to test them out :smile: Will post pics and thoughts on them after playing some with these.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Chris,

I have told everyone since my first post, the tips are made to my specifications, I do quality control and personaly back each tip.

No one has mentioned you or your tips in this thread. Are you somehow the Tip Police?

The quality I offer I do not believe has been an issue and the prices I offer them for has been more than well recieved.

I have seen your style both here and on Facebook. You seem to try to inflict some fear in others tips hoping yours will sell.

You tell very little about how your tips are made. I mean for all we know you are simply dunking Triangles or Le Pros into a mystery sauce. Where do you get your leather why is it Pre Domed?

I whole heartaly hope if you like Chris's Tips you buy them. And Chris, I hope you sell a thousand times the tips I do but ask that you let the other Players, Cue Makers and Cue Repair people use their own god given judgement without you jumping in threads and trying to show some sort of superiority by trying to find a way to down people to make yourself look good. That is like drinking Poison thinking the other person will die.

I wish you the very best and hope in the future you will let things go to integrity of seller, quality and service seller offers and reputation as in the end that is all that truly matters.

Thanks

Seems like a pretty good answer to me. I didn't have any plans to try one of Tom's tips, but after this little exchange thing I will give them a try. Sad to see someone jumping in a thread that isn't about their product, in hopes of somehow cause a controversy.

CBW

Pool Hall Hero
Silver Member
Yeah I was considering on picking up some of Chris tips, but after this thread, I'm not interested in anything by him.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Chris,

Thanks

Tom when you have told Meucci that you are making your tips here in the USA I will not sit quietly by while you talk about integrity and reputation.

Bob wanted a made in the USA tip for his cues and I was talking to them when you made your deal... When I called in I find out what was going on in their testing they had decided on another tip made here in the US and it was "yours"...

Now someone is lying... Either you told them what they told me or they lied about you saying it which makes no sense to me.....

If I am lying I expect to be sued for libel... I saved several communications and contacts just to be safe.....

As an importer you are REQUIRED by law to provide country of origin on your packaging. Not just IF you want to..

If I have to file complaints with the FTC I will happily do that.. By not putting anything on your products a consumer is suppose to be safe to assume they are domestic. If you have miss-represented where they are made which I have been told has been happening by people you have talked to that's a whole different complaint.

I have no issue competing with imports.. I recommend many... But the ones I recommend ALL say country of origin on them as is required...

Last edited:

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom when you have told Meucci that you are making your tips here in the USA I will not sit quietly by while you talk about integrity and reputation.

Bob wanted a made in the USA tip for his cues and I was talking to them when you made your deal... When I called in I find out what was going on in their testing they had decided on another tip made here in the US and it was "yours"...

Now someone is lying... Either you told them what they told me or they lied about you saying it which makes no sense to me.....

If I am lying I expect to be sued for libel... I saved several communications and contacts just to be safe.....

As an importer you are REQUIRED by law to provide country of origin on your packaging. Not just IF you want to..

If I have to file complaints with the FTC I will happily do that.. By not putting anything on your products a consumer is suppose to be safe to assume they are domestic. If you have miss-represented where they are made which I have been told has been happening by people you have talked to that's a whole different complaint.

I have no issue competing with imports.. I recommend many... But the ones I recommend ALL say country of origin on them as is required...

Chris, I hope this is not what this is all about. Meucii ordered some tips, got an email back he loved the tips and continual not to large to me orders.

There was no discussion, zero zip and I would gladly give you the account, as there is no money in it.

If you fel you must do something because its right in your heart, do it.

I can't believe this is about an account you were working for and I was not. You are being played Chris, don't let anyone make a fool of you.

Thanks,
Tom

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member

Rentfree, it looks to me like you're about to talk yourself out of the cue tip business.
At this point you're going to have a pretty hard time just giving them away.

Last edited:

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris, I sent you a 100% true PM. You can take this knowledge and understand you are a lucky man or do what you have to do, I hold no grudges.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get the feeling this refro fella is a few cans short of a 12 pack.

So many public posts with a business account, guys in glass houses and all that.

Should hire someone a lil more level headed for the public stuff bud.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member

I feel better about my perception of you now.
When I first noticed you jumping onto others threads be it chalk or tips, I came away thinking you were playing the "2 way" shot by cross-promoting your product while questioning the quality/integrity of any competitors product.
It's reassuring to see that others have seen pretty much the same.
Poor business practices sir.....you can do better.

As for the Ultraskins, I've used them and like them. What I'm more impressed with than the product is Tom's professionalism whether he is being stalked by a competitor or merely replying to a question about his product by someone with no conflicting reason to inquire.

There is much to learn in the way you've handled this verses how Tom has.

Oh well...what do I know? I have thought about trying one of your tips or your chalk but something keeps getting in the way......guess I'm just a dumb "would have been" customer who can't see past that "something".

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
This has been going on 4 years.....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=281888&highlight=address

Per Federal Trade Laws not labeling or disclosing country of origin is consumer fraud and an unfair business practice... Information can be found here.... https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard#todo

I'd just as soon drop it if Tom starts having his products marked as required.. No one is asking for trade secrets just that the law be followed..

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member

Per Federal Trade Laws not labeling or disclosing country of origin is consumer fraud and an unfair business practice... Information can be found here.... https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard#todo

I'd just as soon drop it if Tom starts having his products marked as required.. No one is asking for trade secrets just that the law be followed..

Maybe time you quit stalking him? Just a thought.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is what Tom said in the other thread:

Now comes the "Big" shocker. I spent a lot of money having samples sent from overseas. I picked some that were good and after testing them sent to each place picked for more samples to see which were consistant. When I was satisfied I chose the best of the best. My cost, $1.50 a tip in large quantitys. Using paypal to pay, freight etc that brought me to $1.85 a tip. Than I must package them, print labels put them in a padded envelope and pay $1.95 postage. I almost forgot the part about with each order I Re Tip to make sure all is the same.

Seems like he's been pretty up front about the whole thing from the beginning, now that you mention it. Thanks for settling it once and for all.

I'll play with dried chicken skins before I send you another dime.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

Chris,

I am sorry but your attitude seems to be, get rid of Tom Hay, I will sell more tips not Chris will make such a superior Tip others will swarm to buy it.

My sales are to Cue Makers and Repair people with lathes. The bottom is sanded the sides are cut down and the top domed shaped. Should there be a stamp made for the sides to say something?

Unless you are directly stating you are made in USA the only times those rules apply are clothes and Automobiles.

I am a fair guy though, if you have the ability to read go to the very thread you yourself posted and I belive my personal post, I think is number 9 pretty much spells it out for you.

You are correct Chris it has been 4 years, in reality closer to 5. My friends who buy tips from me will continue to do so (I hope).

Never got into this to fight, just offer the best deal on the highest quality I could.

I thank you all for your time and effort.