Tommy Kennedy SE Open In Alabama

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
This is short and to the point. :D


I just returned home from the weekend tourn at Pockets Billiards in Alabama. It was a good turn out with a 47 player field. It had such players as Scotty Townsend, Benny Conway, Eugene Brown, Mitch Phelps, Tommy Kennedy, and a few other good players which I don't recall their names. The tournament kicked off at about 3pm Saturday with a great match up in the first round of Scotty and Tommy. It was a grinder but Tommy came out on top sending Scotty to the one loss side. In a crazy match Tommy then falls in the winners side and is later eliminated by Benny Conway on the one loss side. On another note Scotty shook off his first round loss and proceeded to line them up and shoot them down in the one loss side. This is no surprise as Scotty has more heart than anyone I know and never gives up. Fast forwarding through it comes down to Mitch Phelps & Josh Hillard playing for the winners bracket with Scotty in the waiting after defeating everyone in the one loss side. Josh Hillard advances and Mitch moves to the one loss side to face Scotty. This was another grinder as Scotty found himself down by a few games but refused to lose this match and in the end came out on top. It's now Josh Hillard & Scotty Townsend playing one race to 11 for it all. It was a great match and Josh Hillard came out on top for the win leaving Scotty with second. I have to say I really enjoy playing Scotty win or lose. He really is a great guy. In my opinion a lot of players pull moves so to speak but Scotty just plays to win. I really respect him for that. Great tournament Scotty.. I'd give the full run down of the places but I just don't recall the names. I believe it paid out 12 places.


1. Josh Hillard
2. Scotty Townsend
3. Mitch Phelps

Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
Found on Southern Billiards:

1. Josh Hillard $820.00
2 Scotty Townsend $480.00.
3. BBQ Man $390.00
4.Jack Karowski $290.00
5. Todd West $200.00
6.T.F.Whittington $200.00
7. David Trest $100.00
8. Eugene Browning $100.00
9/12 each $50.00
Bo Nelson, Mike Matsie,
Denny Singletary, James Plexico


Finals 11-6 Good shooting Josh!
 
Buffalo Billiards Tournament April 14, 2007 - NEW ORLEANS

Nine Ball said:
This is short and to the point. :D


I just returned home from the weekend tourn at Pockets Billiards in Alabama. It was a good turn out with a 47 player field. It had such players as Scotty Townsend, Benny Conway, Eugene Brown, Mitch Phelps, Tommy Kennedy, and a few other good players which I don't recall their names. The tournament kicked off at about 3pm Saturday with a great match up in the first round of Scotty and Tommy. It was a grinder but Tommy came out on top sending Scotty to the one loss side. In a crazy match Tommy then falls in the winners side and is later eliminated by Benny Conway on the one loss side. On another note Scotty shook off his first round loss and proceeded to line them up and shoot them down in the one loss side. This is no surprise as Scotty has more heart than anyone I know and never gives up. Fast forwarding through it comes down to Mitch Phelps & Josh Hillard playing for the winners bracket with Scotty in the waiting after defeating everyone in the one loss side. Josh Hillard advances and Mitch moves to the one loss side to face Scotty. This was another grinder as Scotty found himself down by a few games but refused to lose this match and in the end came out on top. It's now Josh Hillard & Scotty Townsend playing one race to 11 for it all. It was a great match and Josh Hillard came out on top for the win leaving Scotty with second. I have to say I really enjoy playing Scotty win or lose. He really is a great guy. In my opinion a lot of players pull moves so to speak but Scotty just plays to win. I really respect him for that. Great tournament Scotty.. I'd give the full run down of the places but I just don't recall the names. I believe it paid out 12 places.


1. Josh Hillard
2. Scotty Townsend
3. Mitch Phelps

Thanks,
Josh Hillard

That first place finish is the most important one. CONGRATULATIONS!

Josh, please consider coming down to New Orleans for Buffalo Billiard's tournament April 14, 2006. We welcome all players and are looking to get some good speed out of Florida, Mississippi and Alabama. (and bring any of your friends or infamous fellow competitors)

Anyone who wants a PDF flyer of the tournament send me a PM with your email address and I will route it to you.

Come visit Josh. It's a one day 9 ball tournament with $600 guaranteed added and $1000 will be added if we make it to 40 players.

Buff likes to see out of town players so you will be treated right.
JoeyA
 
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Joey I will definitely consider coming that way for the tournament.


Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
Up and coming cue maker Wayne Robinson

By the way I am representing Wayne Robinson cues. He's out of Alabama. If anyone is interested in seeing some of his work or interested in a nice custom cue I can get you a good deal. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
Nine Ball said:
By the way I am representing Wayne Robinson cues. He's out of Alabama. If anyone is interested in seeing some of his work or interested in a nice custom cue I can get you a good deal. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Josh Hillard

Josh,
For the record, Buffalo Billiards does not curently stock nor actively sell any cues and I am sure the owner wouldn't mind you bringing some of Wayne Robinson's cues to the tournament in April to show off or sell.
JoeyA
 
Hay Josh!

Nine Ball said:
By the way I am representing Wayne Robinson cues. He's out of Alabama. If anyone is interested in seeing some of his work or interested in a nice custom cue I can get you a good deal. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Josh Hillard

Hay Josh:
When Josh first started posting here he asked for a little assistnce. So I posted that Josh was a local player that played pro level nineball and was trying to make a long term name here for himself. And you would be seeing him for a long time.
Good eye yes!!!
Finishing 3rd in FWB ahead of Scottie Townsend and John Schmidt to name a few is pretty sporty too!!!
Good luck to you and Wayne!!1
Your Buddy,
Nick :)
P.S.
I want one of his break cues!!!!!!!!! :)
 
nick serdula said:
Hay Josh:
When Josh first started posting here he asked for a little assistnce. So I posted that Josh was a local player that played pro level nineball and was trying to make a long term name here for himself. And you would be seeing him for a long time.
Good eye yes!!!
Finishing 3rd in FWB ahead of Scottie Townsend and John Schmidt to name a few is pretty sporty too!!!
Good luck to you and Wayne!!1
Your Buddy,
Nick :)
P.S.
I want one of his break cues!!!!!!!!! :)


Hey Nick,

Thanks for the compliment. Good to hear from you. Missed you at the tournament here. Maybe I'll see you at the next one?

Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
JoeyA said:
Josh,
For the record, Buffalo Billiards does not curently stock nor actively sell any cues and I am sure the owner wouldn't mind you bringing some of Wayne Robinson's cues to the tournament in April to show off or sell.
JoeyA


Here's some examples of his work below.
 
Wayne Robinson Examples

Here's a few pictures.
 

Attachments

  • Robinson1.jpg
    Robinson1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 179
Wayne Robinson

Guy liked his matching set so much he had a 3rd matching made.
 

Attachments

  • Robinson5.jpg
    Robinson5.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 128
Wayne Robinson Custom Cues

Please feel free to contact me if there is any interest in purchasing a Wayne Robinson custom cue, Repair work, Or if more examples are desired.

850-218-8138 or message me here.


Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
Back
Top