Tony Chohan bank

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T-rex

I've seen this cat play both pre and post "vacation" and his banking ability has always left me shaking my head after shit like this. A lot of guys can bank ok but T-rex will whack in super crazy one's for THE CHILI, no hesitation.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've seen this cat play both pre and post "vacation" and his banking ability has always left me shaking my head after shit like this. A lot of guys can bank ok but T-rex will whack in super crazy one's for THE CHILI, no hesitation.

I agree. Right now Tony looks to be on another level of one pocket. Like to see him and Scott Frost match up.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too!!

I agree. Right now Tony looks to be on another level of one pocket. Like to see him and Scott Frost match up.

I cant believe with all the winning Tony has been doing, BIG Money all over the country that Scott hasn't called him out???

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
That was a badass shot but I am pretty sure he was just playing it to his side and the make was the bonus.

I think he knew it went, look how he chalked up the instant the ball hooked a little. He played to make it with smart position if he missed.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think he knew it went, look how he chalked up the instant the ball hooked a little. He played to make it with smart position if he missed.

Of course the ball can go and of course he can see it heading to the pocket instantly. But if anyone, including Tony, wants to bet on making that shot they can keep me broke if they can make it more than 50% of the time.

That ball could have just as easily been a hair to the left and gone into Justin's pocket If Tony was trying to truly make it off the point.

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree he makes it less than 50% just setting it up and shooting it, but that's not the first time this weekend he's ginned it. After watching him make it more times than I I can remember of the last few months I'm convinced he plays it for the hole.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I stand corrected. Tony just said on stream that he is trying to make the shot off the point and if it goes great but if not then it's on his side.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
That was a badass shot but I am pretty sure he was just playing it to his side and the make was the bonus.

At that speed? I doubt it. Maybe off the ball on the rail, but for where his cue ball ended up that was pure offense.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You have to hit it firm to get the cue ball out of the way. At that speed as long as you don't hit the pocket the shot should turn out good even if you don't make it.

Will never forget about ten years back when I was playing a lot and Tony saunters into my poolroom looking for a game. I was beating all the locals at the time (One Pocket and Banks) and playing pretty damn good on my front table, that I knew like the back of my hand.

He asked me what I wanted and jokingly I said 8-4 and he responded immediately, "You got it!" I guess I was in shock by his quick response and more than a little surprised he would give me that game. I had to play! And we did play, for 300 a game. A short time later (and 1,200 down) I decided that maybe this wasn't the good game that I thought it was. :rolleyes:

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure that one reason why Tony was very comfortable with trying that shot, is that, although it turned out he didn't need it's help, he had a ball sitting on his long rail 1" above his pocket for a sideboard - giving him a very big pocket...and this ball also guaranteed that he couldn't accidentally bank the ball too high and then back to Justin's pocket.

- Ghost

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I think he was trying to make it. He certainly hit it with speed so it wasn't just slow rolling towards his half of the table. What leads me to believe plan A was to make it is simply that it doesn't need to be a high percentage shot. It was essentially a free roll. As long as he doesn't hang it in his opponent's pocket there was little danger of selling out. Heck, even if he makes it for his opponent Tony's not in bad shape - assuming, of course, there is nothing dead-on in the stack.

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I apologize for taking the video down. The quality of the bootleg copy was really poor and I wanted it to be out there in full quality. Here it is.

Anytime there is a shot that you would like to share just email at akabigtruck@gmail.com and I would love to share the full quality version with you.

Here is the Chohan bank discussed here

https://vimeo.com/158438861

Ray

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
It doesn't look to me like he's really banking it off the point, but more like he's hitting it jacked up with outside (right) english at the perfect speed for the object ball to optimally grab the rail and turn over back into the pocket.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It doesn't look to me like he's really banking it off the point, but more like he's hitting it jacked up with outside (right) english at the perfect speed for the object ball to optimally grab the rail and turn over back into the pocket.

This is the bank Freddie described as rounding off the rail. He hit that perfect spot on the Diamond rail where he could manipulate the spin like you said, a hairsbreadth off of the point. Incredibly accurate shot