Tony Sauer cue maker Legit???

miramachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent him a titlist about 13.5 months ago, he said the cue would be 6 months give or take. I understand things can go longer than expected but he has told me on about 6 occasions that he was going to get me pics and “get lots done on the cue”. Like I said it’s been about 13 months and I have still yet to see one picture as he just ghosts me after he says he will get me one. Has anyone had experience with him?

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Same with me over a year, I sent a butt to try to straighten up, I also sent a shaft. I wanted him to refinish butt and change the wrap and make me a new shaft
Still waiting, I actually think it's going to be 2 years soon
He is a cue maker from the Louisville area

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
why on earth with many cuemakers that have been around that do great work with splendid reputations do people send cues, or order and send money for cues to basically no named cuemakers.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know who he is and my only dealings with him were fine (added a matching collar and joint to a shaft blank). Sorry you are having issues.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
My son & I used Cues Directly for our titilist conversions- it was a great experience all around - no long waits, sensible pricing, excellent outcome on the cues- sorry to hear, but yours is not sounding like a very good ending.

Have yet to hear one bad experience with Dave.

The Titilist conversion I bought from him was flawless and priced very decent , wish I still had it

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent him a titlist about 13.5 months ago, he said the cue would be 6 months give or take. I understand things can go longer than expected but he has told me on about 6 occasions that he was going to get me pics and “get lots done on the cue”. Like I said it’s been about 13 months and I have still yet to see one picture as he just ghosts me after he says he will get me one. Has anyone had experience with him?
Tell him you are going to call the local police and report him to the FBI for fraud. If he doesn't have your cue back to you in a month, then do it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Tell him you are going to call the local police and report him to the FBI for fraud. If he doesn't have your cue back to you in a month, then do it.

Sorry but I am sure this is not high priority crime, might be lucky to get someone as courtesy to take phone report at FBI, or local PD.

Might try to find member in area where guy is to pay visit, and get progress report.

On project.

John 1963

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy sorry to hear that I have the same problem with a cue maker in the Dallas area Sherman tx to be exact it’s been three yrs and mr. Spitz has only sent one picture and nothing else out of 1500 dollars

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Howdy sorry to hear that I have the same problem with a cue maker in the Dallas area Sherman tx to be exact it’s been three yrs and mr. Spitz has only sent one picture and nothing else out of 1500 dollars
I believe he quit.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These stories are the reason I have never ordered a complete custom or had a builder assemble a complete from my supplied blank. I have owned probably 30 customs on secondary market to spec I favor that had no wait, hassles, excuses and saved a chunk of money, aggravation in doing so.

I understand not all builders are DB's and stick to their promises, but seems many have unscrupulous business practices. I also believe there are probably way more DB's out there that are not reported due to all the fan boi's /friends who will jump on and try to debunk the slime and make the victim the oppressor.

*I have never dealt with Tony or OP and every story has 2 sides so I am not taking sides on this post. Maybe Tony will jump on ?

Good luck and hope you get your blank back,

kat

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
These stories are the reason I have never ordered a complete custom or had a builder assemble a complete from my supplied blank. I have owned probably 30 customs on secondary market to spec I favor that had no wait, hassles, excuses and saved a chunk of money, aggravation in doing so.

I understand not all builders are DB's and stick to their promises, but seems many have unscrupulous business practices. I also believe there are probably way more DB's out there that are not reported due to all the fan boi's /friends who will jump on and try to debunk the slime and make the victim the oppressor.

*I have never dealt with Tony or OP and every story has 2 sides so I am not taking sides on this post. Maybe Tony will jump on ?

kat

Actually as a Small Claims Court Judge said to me one day in his Chamber after a crazy day.

His job was to decide for plain things, or defendant.

He said almost always three sides of stories, or claims.

Party A’s, Party B’s, Last Truth, and Judge tried to figure out truth.

1663557823959.png

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tony built a cue butt for me at a great price in only a few months . many others have said the same and his cues are everywhere here

i get the vibe there might be more to
this story

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

kat
Dave,
This is sound advise for anybody just wanting a standard custom cue. You will get way more value for your money.
Actually getting one built to your exact specs, is not as easy as it sounds.
Your second paragraph, says it all.
I have been unfortunate enough to have been on the wrong end of 3 cue builds down the years.the first one was a very bad experience. Its seems there are more bad than good.
On the plus side, I have had the chance to talk to, some of the best around. But I could never wait that long, or afford them.
I hope the Op gets his blank back

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Bob Owen or Cody Cash(PK Cues on FB). Both are fantastic builders and do what they say.