Top 14.1 players break in 10-ball

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Just my thoughts on this, but I think the top 14.1 players w/o real good 10-ball breaks (not making a ball on the break a good percentage of the time) shouldn't try to spread the rack open. I believe they would win more games and matches leaving clusters. A good 14.1 player can move a lot better than most (not all) 10-ball players in tight quarters, breaking out clusters, and safeties. Efren has a weak break and that's what kept him at the top in 9-ball for years. Johnnyt
__________________
 
I dunno any good 14.1 players who can't hit at least efren-hard. I mean, even a bad breaker is still over 20 mph. It's really about accuracy anyway so if they can make that 2nd row ball, the rest is gravy.

Do they allow soft breaks in standard 10b rules? Or is there something about 4 balls to the rail or 4 past the side pockets or something?
 
Efren's break

Efren's break was not all that bad.When they first started using the
radar he was clocked at 25 mph.JA was only 26 and it was good
enough to run a lot of racks.Earl was awsome at 29 'cause he had
the accuracy of Shane.Busty and Tony Ellin (God bless him) were
tops at 33.
But 25 is good enough to make a ball,making 4 or 5 is over-rated.
In the 70's Buddy Hall was giving champions the 8.I doubt he was
in the top 100 breakers at the time...but he broke good enough.
 
Efren's break was not all that bad.When they first started using the
radar he was clocked at 25 mph.JA was only 26 and it was good
enough to run a lot of racks.Earl was awsome at 29 'cause he had
the accuracy of Shane.Busty and Tony Ellin (God bless him) were
tops at 33.
But 25 is good enough to make a ball,making 4 or 5 is over-rated.
In the 70's Buddy Hall was giving champions the 8.I doubt he was
in the top 100 breakers at the time...but he broke good enough.

I never knew Efren had a 25 mph break. I sure decieving then. Johnnyt
 
Back
Top