top driven bucket polisher?

sbrownn

Registered
Has anyone done or seen this config work (less cutting, simpler approach and keep the polisher cooler)?

Items:
  • 5 gallon new / clean bucket
  • 10" replacement orbiter drive pad:
  • WEN 10" orbital polisher with extra pads:
  • 8" x 11" gray felt with adhesive backing, cut to strips to line bucket to match ball rotation path (leftover from another project)
  • an old towel and maybe a dumbbell or similar weight
Order of assembly:
  1. bucket on firm ground
  2. weight then folded towel placed at bottom of bucket
  3. drive pad with extra polishing pad over goes soft side up on top of towel
  4. measure and cut felt for balls and line bucket with felt, add ball set to bucket after felt installed
  5. setup WEN polisher with polishing pad, apply some aramith ball polish (on pad or balls individually?)
  6. insert WEN polisher pad side down, turn on polisher and monitor progress
Thoughts?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone done or seen this config work (less cutting, simpler approach and keep the polisher cooler)?

Items:
  • 8" x 11" gray felt with adhesive backing, cut to strips to line bucket to match ball rotation path (leftover from another project)
Order of assembly:
  1. bucket on firm ground
  4. measure and cut felt for balls and line bucket with felt, add ball set to bucket after felt installed
  5. setup WEN polisher with polishing pad, apply some aramith ball polish (on pad or balls individually?)
Thoughts?
Why. Standard bucket polisher works fine especially with this add-on:
That foam with the cuts makes them spin. Works great. Fanspeed controller: https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-C...zRMzwXUqeEKi2rktFAY91QhTUBTCway0aAq9jEALw_wcB

Last edited:

dendweller

Items:
Order of assembly:
  1. bucket on firm ground
Thoughts?
I did one, 25 for a polisher from Harbor freight and a couple pads, 6 bucks for a home depot bucket. Cut a few air slots in the bottom side of the bucket, one with the power chord sticking out. Put some carpet around the top, I attached the carpet with some clamps. Works pretty well. Does 10 balls at a time, given I mostly play 9 ball, works out pretty well.

If you put a bump in the carpet on the sides it upsets the balls, helps to have them not always rotating in the same direction. On the other hand, I can live with it if they do. I can also live with them banging together, figure they are pool balls.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Somebody on here uses 2 polishers, one on the top and one on the bottom. If I ever remember I'm planning on getting another one to try it. Basically a standard bucket polisher and just a second one you sit on top once the balls are loaded.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody on here uses 2 polishers, one on the top and one on the bottom. If I ever remember I'm planning on getting another one to try it. Basically a standard bucket polisher and just a second one you sit on top once the balls are loaded.
the one in the video i posted works great. no need for two polishers. that foam with the cut-outs gets the balls spinning pretty good.

dendweller

the one in the video i posted works great. no need for two polishers. that foam with the cut-outs gets the balls spinning pretty good.
place I play at has a bloodworth. works the same as a bucket polisher with separators really, except it does all 16 balls at a time and has a timer. Like you said, no need for two polishers.

sbrownn

Registered
I got 3 different pads with my buffer: cotton, polyester and wool. Just tried the cotton, did pretty good. Which one does everyone seem to end up using?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't see how one couldn't improve on that. Printing that shit out is a waste of time.
Tad harsh bit i tend to agree. Some folks just like makin stuff. In a way i'm kinda jealous because i don't have a clue how to do this.

DeeDeeCues

Tad harsh bit i tend to agree. Some folks just like makin stuff. In a way i'm kinda jealous because i don't have a clue how to do this.

Yeah, probably too harsh. Parts of the concept are fine, but there are just too many inherent problems to waste time with it.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Since I CAD and 3d print, I was going to print out all the parts for this one and give it a try, see if I can improve upon it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3182362
Are you going to be eating the cupcakes before, during, or after the construction of the polisher??? (the link takes me to a cupcake article)
******Correction, the link does in fact lead to a ball polisher if you watch the video, LMAO, I don't understand the works though. That thing is giant!!!!! Jajajaja!!!!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, some would call posting on here a waste of time also. To each their own though.
you've been a member for like 30secs so here's a tip: this is a forum full of POOL PLAYERS, a subset of humanity who tend to be opinionated and 'somewhat' forthright. If you don't have some semblance of 'thick skin' you may not be in the right place. Feel free to post whatever but don't get butthurt by other's replies. I dig what you made as a project. I also dig my buddie's bucket-polisher that took about 1hr to make and works perfect.

Last edited:

L.S. Dennis

Look familiar...

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 21