Top Hat Cue Club - Parkville, MD

XmarathonX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top Hat Cue Club in Parkville, MD in Baltimore County. It's very clean, top to bottom including the bathrooms. The staff is really friendly & I've seen many of family enjoying time there. They serve no alcohol & have a limited menu of food items but I have not heard any complaints about the food. There are a couple of vending machines for snacks & drinks as well. Last year they hosted the 2013 Maryland Open 14.1 Straight Pool Championship won by Thorsten Hohmann.

From Top Hats website:

Parkville’s premier pool hall for over three decades. Now under new ownership and newly renovated. We are located right on Joppa Rd., conveniently off the 695 Perring Parkway exit. Top Hat Cue Club features a Gabriels Imperator table, twenty-five Brunswick Gold Crown pool tables, and five brand new Butterfly championship table tennis tables. Our arcade has classics like Galaga and Ms. Pacman to Skee Ball and Air Hockey. It even features a TouchTune jukebox featuring hundreds of thousands of licensed songs updated daily.

In addition to weekly pool tournaments, we host table tennis tournaments as well. Lessons are available for table tennis with Boris Shafer or Mort Greenberg. Call to inquire about availability.

You can come into Top Hat Cue Club and expect a welcoming, friendly, family atmosphere. Here you will find all types of people from beginners learning the sport to causal players and serious competitors. Other patrons can be found in the lounge playing Keno or Racetrax on our new flat screen TV’s.

Top Hat has a delicious menu that includes homemade, chicken, and tuna salad sandwiches, chicken noodle soup and chili. Other snacks include Nathan’s hotdogs, pizza, and nachos.

IMG_00741-600x400.jpg

IMG_0020-600x402.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shame there is no picture of the billiard table on the website. It is fantastic, in its own little room with plenty of space...so sweet.

It is in here now:
IMG_0026-600x400.jpg

XmarathonX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm surprised myself they don't have that photo up. It's a gorgeous table covered in new Simonis cloth.

BulletZoo

The Grey Fox
Top Hat

Top Hat is a GREAT place to go and practice your game, It has a very friendly staff, and the tables are maintained very well.

The room is very clean and respectfully done

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great room, and the equipment is superbly kept.

I went there about a week ago after dropping off family at BWI and I was really impressed. I believe the owner, Mike?, came up to me and welcomed me to his room. Super nice guy.

I was really shocked how inexpensive it is to play there.

I am looking forward to making the short trip up there soon shoot some.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Tables 2,9,11 pockets are wired tight with shims. Real testers so be aware if you gamble.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables 2,9,11 pockets are wired tight with shims. Real testers so be aware if you gamble.

Not shimmed, sub rail extensioned!

I love them tight ones, they were done by the best table dude in the area, azb's own...scruffy1.

Last edited:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Not shimmed, sub rail extensioned!

I love them tight ones, they were done by the best table dude in the area, azb's own...scruffy1.

Yeah I actually came through again after I originally posted this and stopped in again & talked a bit with the owner & he told me that with the exception of 1 GC 4 he has in front corner that all the other GC's had been "diamondized" with rails & that the 3 gaffe tables actually have extended rails not shims. Those things play crazy fast. If you really cut your stroke loose you can go up and back long rail 5 times before it comes to rest, Great room, great people.

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the JP Northeast Women's Tour will be competing there this Sat. and Sun. ... come check us out or if you're a lady, jump in the competition!
4a91ae962ddb1f4746b3b98420664042.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I actually came through again after I originally posted this and stopped in again & talked a bit with the owner & he told me that with the exception of 1 GC 4 he has in front corner that all the other GC's had been "diamondized" with rails & that the 3 gaffe tables actually have extended rails not shims. Those things play crazy fast. If you really cut your stroke loose you can go up and back long rail 5 times before it comes to rest, Great room, great people.

As I recall, the subrail extended tables all got diamond black rubber.

BulletZoo

The Grey Fox
Top Hat Cue Club in Parkville, MD in Baltimore County. It's very clean, top to bottom including the bathrooms. The staff is really friendly & I've seen many of family enjoying time there. They serve no alcohol & have a limited menu of food items but I have not heard any complaints about the food. There are a couple of vending machines for snacks & drinks as well. Last year they hosted the 2013 Maryland Open 14.1 Straight Pool Championship won by Thorsten Hohmann.

From Top Hats website:

Parkville’s premier pool hall for over three decades. Now under new ownership and newly renovated. We are located right on Joppa Rd., conveniently off the 695 Perring Parkway exit. Top Hat Cue Club features a Gabriels Imperator table, twenty-five Brunswick Gold Crown pool tables, and five brand new Butterfly championship table tennis tables. Our arcade has classics like Galaga and Ms. Pacman to Skee Ball and Air Hockey. It even features a TouchTune jukebox featuring hundreds of thousands of licensed songs updated daily.

In addition to weekly pool tournaments, we host table tennis tournaments as well. Lessons are available for table tennis with Boris Shafer or Mort Greenberg. Call to inquire about availability.

You can come into Top Hat Cue Club and expect a welcoming, friendly, family atmosphere. Here you will find all types of people from beginners learning the sport to causal players and serious competitors. Other patrons can be found in the lounge playing Keno or Racetrax on our new flat screen TV’s.

Top Hat has a delicious menu that includes homemade, chicken, and tuna salad sandwiches, chicken noodle soup and chili. Other snacks include Nathan’s hotdogs, pizza, and nachos.

IMG_00741-600x400.jpg

IMG_0020-600x402.jpg

Top Hat is extremely clean. They have a limited buy very good menu. The staff are all very friendly, and there is always a little action going on.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in there recently and extremely saddened to see the state the 3c table is in, beyond filthy and in desperate need of new clothes.

That said, it ain't my dime that would have to recover it and I have never come in and seen it occupied. Not sure how much use it gets...which is also very disappointing.

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Family orientated

From Top Hats website:

IMG_00741-600x400.jpg

IMG_0020-600x402.jpg

I wonder if this might be a good place for a BEF Junior State Tournament. Maryland went unrepresented in 2015.
Does someone have contacted information?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if this might be a good place for a BEF Junior State Tournament. Maryland went unrepresented in 2015.
Does someone have contacted information?

I think it would be a great place for a junior event. Clean, nice equipment, tasteful music at low volume, no alcohol and you can bet the moon.

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be a great place for a junior event. Clean, nice equipment, tasteful music at low volume, no alcohol and you can bet the moon.

They have all that they need, to make it happen.
Have spoken with them and emailed everything needed. They just need to make it happen.
Thank you for your response