Top Local Bankers At 2008 Dcc

RON GEARY

Registered
Two Of The Many Good Local Bankers At This Years Fared Very Well,,,,keven Nichols Got To The 9th Round,& ''big Bronson'' Dale Kinnonmonth Lasted To The 7th Round. One Of Dales Highlite Matches Was Dales Match With Davey Crockett. Dale Beat This Well Known Player With Ease Using All Of His Techniques He Has Accuired At The ''truman Hogue'' Banking Drill Classes Held Each Saturday In November & December At A Louisville Location. Every Year Different Pupils Of Truman Knock Off A Couple Of Well Knowns. ..ask ''archer'', ''reyes'','' Strickland'', ''daulton'' If They Have Ever Gone Down To A Local & They Will Tell You Yes. Truman Has An Entaurage Of About 18 Local Good Bankers That Come Out Of Their Coccoons For 2 Months A Year & He Helps Them Rejuvenate The Skills They Had From 20 Yrs. Ago. Some Play Conservative & Others Play Trumans Style, Which Is Wide Open,wild Cross Over Back Downs In Your Face. If He Misses You Have A Chance To Get Out. Anyway, Most Of These Guys,play Just 2 Months A Year.....

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
RON GEARY said:
Two Of The Many Good Local Bankers At This Years Fared Very Well,,,,keven Nichols Got To The 9th Round,& ''big Bronson'' Dale Kinnonmonth Lasted To The 7th Round. One Of Dales Highlite Matches Was Dales Match With Davey Crockett. Dale Beat This Well Known Player With Ease Using All Of His Techniques He Has Accuired At The ''truman Hogue'' Banking Drill Classes Held Each Saturday In November & December At A Louisville Location. Every Year Different Pupils Of Truman Knock Off A Couple Of Well Knowns. ..ask ''archer'', ''reyes'','' Strickland'', ''daulton'' If They Have Ever Gone Down To A Local & They Will Tell You Yes. Truman Has An Entaurage Of About 18 Local Good Bankers That Come Out Of Their Coccoons For 2 Months A Year & He Helps Them Rejuvenate The Skills They Had From 20 Yrs. Ago. Some Play Conservative & Others Play Trumans Style, Which Is Wide Open,wild Cross Over Back Downs In Your Face. If He Misses You Have A Chance To Get Out. Anyway, Most Of These Guys,play Just 2 Months A Year.....

I didn't remember at first who Truman was when I found out I was matched with him in the first round of the Nine ball tourney. Since then I've found out a lot. I didn't realize then what the guy had done for the game of pool in general. He was a true gentleman and privilege to play.

I later did an internet search and realized I saw him play banks on an espn rebroadcast of the Derby City Banks Ring Game. Doing okay I might add! :D

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
I didn't remember at first who Truman was when I found out I was matched with him in the first round of the Nine ball tourney. Since then I've found out a lot. I didn't realize then what the guy had done for the game of pool in general. He was a true gentleman and privilege to play.

I later did an internet search and realized I saw him play banks on an espn rebroadcast of the Derby City Banks Ring Game. Doing okay I might add! :D

Truman Hogue is one of the elite bakers of all time. I think Eddie Taylor & Bugs Rucker were in a class by themselves.
Then you got the group of Vernon Elliott, Truman Hogue, Gary Speath, Donnie Anderson, John Chapman, Javanley Washington, Larry Price, Jason Miller, Shannon Daulton, Tony Fargo & Glen Rogers. Brian Gregg's going to end up an elite banker before his young career is over.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Terry Ardeno said:
Truman Hogue is one of the elite bakers of all time. I think Eddie Taylor & Bugs Rucker were in a class by themselves.
Then you got the group of Vernon Elliott, Truman Hogue, Gary Speath, Donnie Anderson, John Chapman, Javanley Washington, Larry Price, Jason Miller, Shannon Daulton, Tony Fargo & Glen Rogers. Brian Gregg's going to end up an elite banker before his young career is over.

What about Fatboy ?
Oh, that's a different kind of 'banker'.... $$$$$$

Doug

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Ardeno said:

John Brumback's name is conspiciously absent! Warren..

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Warren said:
John Brumback's name is conspiciously absent! Warren..

What da??????

John Brumback's name most certainly should have been included, very close to the top I might add. In fact, before you pointed out that he's NOT mentioned, I was sure I DID write him in that list. When I re-read it to see for myself, you're right!

I want to publically say I am ashamed for neglecting such a great player. I know he's great and I've mentioned him as one of the top bankers both here and at OnePocket.org.

I am grateful that you pointed out such a glaring ommission. Thanks!:)

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Ardeno said:
What da??????

John Brumback's name most certainly should have been included, very close to the top I might add. In fact, before you pointed out that he's NOT mentioned, I was sure I DID write him in that list. When I re-read it to see for myself, you're right!

I want to publically say I am ashamed for neglecting such a great player. I know he's great and I've mentioned him as one of the top bankers both here and at OnePocket.org.

I am grateful that you pointed out such a glaring ommission. Thanks!:)

I always root for Brumback -- in fact I won this cue:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=201

with my team of Shannon Daulton and John Brumback a few years ago at the now defunct fantasy9ball competition for the DCC! It is my current playing cue.....Warren..