Tough Crowd

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
The amount of green I give inversely correlates to the amount of exclamation points used by the OP.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
snooker

oouuu, a 2hr drive too snooker,
that's tough...

I think I like snooker better than pool. All of the tournaments and gambling matches were on pool tables but I spent 15-20 hours a week practicing on a snooker table for a couple years. Had a perfect going once, all reds and sevens then ran out to the five. Drilled the side pocket dead center with great shape on the six. Walked around the table and dropped my bridge hand down. First I noticed that there was the five about a foot away from my bridge hand! Popped out of the pocket leaving me two easy shots or a million miles away from a perfect score.

I moved away from snooker tables and that was the last of my play for decades. Now I only get down to New Orleans a couple times a year but when I do I try the snooker table. It is a brutal reminder of my past and present skill levels!

Hu

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. Finally have a snooker table "only" two hours away down at Buff's new place. When it comes to hitting those little balls I found that Joey's 11.8mm revo is a lot better than my 13mm standard deflection shaft.
Hu

Yes, small diameter cue works better for me as well, and its a bit further of a drive for me sadly :(

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I miss Smorg and those that have died, some that have just left or largely left too. The place was much more entertaining back then.

Replying to CueBuddy too, I can't multi-quote with the old skin: Funny that Doug and I were one and two. Guess we were both good at recognizing good people! I look at the Hall of Fame forum sometimes just to remind me of old friends now gone. A handful of those people back would make azb great again. We don't seem to have the spice needed for the sauce now.

All of us old geezers think things used to be better. We are right too!

Hu

And they were... ( imho )

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope somebody else chimes in

Thank you.

I think that is good info but after thinking about it some more I am not 100% positive. There is a limit of how many times you can give out rep each day and I think that is twenty posts too. Perhaps it is only every ten posts to rep someone twice. Somebody that cares might want to try and see what the magic numbers are.

It has been a long time since Doug died and the rep game died the same time he did as far as I was concerned. A bit of silliness but it did help distract Doug a little.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Finally have a snooker table "only" two hours away down at Buff's new place. When it comes to hitting those little balls I found that Joey's 11.8mm revo is a lot better than my 13mm standard deflection shaft. The one thing I could do with my stick, curve that little cue ball like a Nolan Ryan pitch to get it in behind a ball on the rail and run it down the rail a couple three feet.

Hu

Hu, I’m very picky about snooker cues...been in a lot of action...5x10 and 6x12
...none of my pool cues played good enough at snooker.
...and I don’t play with LD shafts.
But then I played snooker one day with a Zshaft by Predator...11.75 mm..carom taper.
...it played pretty much like my 10.4 snooker shaft.

Here’s a Finnish player, posts as Poolmanis on AZ...runs 147 with a Z2 shaft...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A

Worth a try

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rep became a game years ago with many of us supporting a much loved poster that was dying, Smorgass Bored. We learned that the more rep you have, the more you give when you hit someone with rep. The first page or three of members sorted by rep have one billion points, hex. That is the max on the scale, rep ain't infinite! When someone gives red rep it only hits half as hard as green rep but if you really anger the board and get rep bombed you can see all those cute little boxes go red in a hurry!

I rep great posts, those that make me laugh, and good posts by friends that I want to tell hello. Mostly I use rep for short notes now. As the badge in my avatar shows, I was once eighth in rep. Now it is an umpteen way tie for first!

I read a handful of your posts and you don't seem to be a knucklehead so I'll toss some "pity points" your way.

Hu

Memory failed about the max rep points available. It is two billion, hex.

Hu, you are an asset to AZB!

Td