Tournament Bracket Software

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know of an app or software that does tournament brackets for a Mac that allows editing the brackets after the tournament starts? I do a lot of social events and they change players quite frequently after the tournament has started. Most of the apps I have do not allow changing the players after the tournament has started.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A different solution: Run it as a bunch of mini-tournaments in groups of four, single elimination. The winner of each group goes into the main chart. You can start minis as soon as four people are ready to play. Continue the minis until you run out of entries. Allow reentry by lot or additional entry fee for those who have already played so you can fill up the main chart. Start the main chart (also single elimination) when you have it filled or no one else wants to play in a mini or you have reached the announced time to start.

This is dead simple to do on paper. You don't need an app.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran my first tournament tonight. I used IngenPool (budtour.com). It has a learning curve but it also has a robust set of tutorials available. I was able to post brackets online and submit to FargoRate. I don’t know how aggressively you can change the brackets after the tournament starts but I was able to do quite a bit in terms of correcting matches, reassigning tables, and adjusting the races midway.

levid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might check out https://digitalpool.com which is all web-based, free to use and supports single and double-elimination formats. It gives you a lot of freedom to edit the bracket after the tournament has started such as:
  1. adding and removing players
  2. updating player info and match races
  3. re-ordering players or re-seeding the bracket if necessary
  4. filling bye slots
  5. switching table assignments
  6. live scoring
If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to me or email contact@digitalpool.com.

jjspelman

You might check out https://digitalpool.com which is all web-based, free to use and supports single and double-elimination formats. It gives you a lot of freedom to edit the bracket after the tournament has started such as:
  4. filling bye slots
  6. live scoring
If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to me or email contact@digitalpool.com.
Wow is this cool! Can this be used for individual players? How would it keep track of rankings that are not Fargo rated?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
  4. filling bye slots
  6. live scoring
Is the live scoring done by the players in real time?

levid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow is this cool! Can this be used for individual players? How would it keep track of rankings that are not Fargo rated?

You can score challenge matches for individual players, but these results are not reported to Fargo currently. Here is an example - https://digitalpool.com/matches/omega-presents-shane-vanboening-vs-jayson-shaw-2022/overview

You can also run handicapped tournaments that are non-fargo rated. As long as your handicap system is based on game handicaps and not ball spots or something else, it will work fine.

levid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the live scoring done by the players in real time?
Yes, if the tournament director is using the text messaging feature, it will send a text message to the players with their table assignment, opponent, race, time and a link to live score their match (no account required). They can score their match and it will update the scores in the bracket and all other pages. We also have tablet scoring if the event has tablets available for the players to keep score and it supports most popular game formats including straight pool, one-pocket, 8-ball, 9-ball, 10-ball. This information is also fed into various live streaming overlays we have for displaying the live scores using OBS, Wirecast or other software that can support web-based overlays.