A friend of mine, Alexey Tarasov, is a PH.D level computer programmer working on an online tournament management system. His concept is to design a web-app that will allow tournament directors to publish and manage their own events to the web, collect entry fees online and even pay-out online the moment the event concludes.
Tournament directors can publish real-time brackets to the web and handle very large scale events (in the 100's).
Much of his work is complete and he's currently seeking a partner/investor to complete the balance of his project. There isn't anything like this in the pool world - not to mention anywhere.
I'm attaching a pdf exec summary to this post (hopefully that works).
I don't think he's looking for a lot of money - but wants to be connected to people in the pool world who might benefit from owning a system that can run every event in the country. He sells a program called TourneyMaster - but it's not web-based. The new system will be amazing.
I posted a thread a few months ago with a link to his beta site. Will try to find that and post it here.
Dave
Tournament directors can publish real-time brackets to the web and handle very large scale events (in the 100's).
Much of his work is complete and he's currently seeking a partner/investor to complete the balance of his project. There isn't anything like this in the pool world - not to mention anywhere.
I'm attaching a pdf exec summary to this post (hopefully that works).
I don't think he's looking for a lot of money - but wants to be connected to people in the pool world who might benefit from owning a system that can run every event in the country. He sells a program called TourneyMaster - but it's not web-based. The new system will be amazing.
I posted a thread a few months ago with a link to his beta site. Will try to find that and post it here.
Dave