Triangle and Triumph Tips

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmetto cue, Howdy;

Reminds me, sadly, of trying to get a cue fixed at Meucci. A 20 minute fix that took a year and a half to get my
cue back. Turns out they screwed mine up and didn't want to admit to it, kept putting me off in hopes I'd forget
all about it. I don't know the World where something that costs over 600 bucks is forgettable and you just move on.

hank
I have experienced the same treatment from them many years ago, turned out to be a blessing in disguise or a curse, that is what got me interested in cue repair and the expensive attraction to cue building.

slim123

Is it just me, or has Tweeten lost their ability to make tips at all? I know this sounds harsh, but I cut 4 off the same cue today before I got one to shape that wasn't mush.
I've sent back boxes of Triumph's and they sent me two boxes back for my inconvenience. Some of the tips are very soft to the touch and I can peel the pad off the tip with my fingers. Some of my customer still want inexpensive one piece tips, and Le-pro seems to be my only tip that's giving me any satisfaction currently. I use them if the customer doesn't specify, but some still want Triangle or Triumph. What are you using for house cues and folks that want the most inexpensive tip I have?:eek:

Update on Tweeten tips,
They have been doing some checking and called to tell me they found a couple issues. One was a change in their process that they were not aware of. They asked if I would be willing to help with some feedback, and I said yes, so they are sending me some tips for testing. So happy they actually looked into this issue and got back with me. Will let y'all know when I get the tips!
Triangle tips went to crap many years ago. I use to use them on all of my cues, however about 20 years ago i had Richard neighbors install one and he said he got 2 good ones out of a box, so he quit buying them

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Was just checking out a few of the online stores for Tips.

Noticed that the 14 mm are either "Out of Stock", but sold as singles/3 for or something like that.
Mostly all the Tweeten brands. What my impression was that The onliners were getting so much neg.
feedback from their customers they broke into the boxes and culled out the good ones and are selling them
in those singles/3 for/5 for.
Any other thoughts?

hank

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy;

Sent message to Tweeten asking about "New tips", Gave them a link to this thread
and invited them to make a post to 'splain what or if they have new stuff to sell.

Hope it shakes a branch of the tree.

hank

dendweller

I got a bag of 10 from seyberts. When compared to some 15 year old ones I have left they are not as high so maybe something changed in there process.
Put one on, it's hits great. I'm hoping the rest are good as well, guess the first one being good is a good sign.

Far as the height goes, it's probably about the height most people would trim them down to, maybe that's the reasoning.

kingman33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a bag of 10 from seyberts. When compared to some 15 year old ones I have left they are not as high so maybe something changed in there process.
Put one on, it's hits great. I'm hoping the rest are good as well, guess the first one being good is a good sign.

Far as the height goes, it's probably about the height most people would trim them down to, maybe that's the reasoning.
Triangle or Triumph ?

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

dendweller, Howdy;

Perhaps they are giving them an extra pressing to 'tighten' them up a tad???
Whatever, it's good to hear.

hank

dendweller

dendweller, Howdy;

Perhaps they are giving them an extra pressing to 'tighten' them up a tad???
Whatever, it's good to hear.

hank
That might explain it. Glad I didn't press it again.
Gonna put on a couple more, if there is good I'm gonna risk a box. Last box lasted 15 years, another box will probably out last me.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
triangle, then again they came in a plastic bag, but they looked just like the old triangles outside of not being as tall.
Never tried a triumph.
being shorter is a good sign. When they got to where I didn’t like them. They were taller than before.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I myself, will not go back to them...have moved on to better tips that are very consistant and hit the same or better, depending on who you ask..... Got tired of installing then removing those POS tips...even after the float test and banging them on a hard surface. Just not worth the aggrivation, IMO. I install for customers, not just my own cues.

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just me, or has Tweeten lost their ability to make tips at all? I know this sounds harsh, but I cut 4 off the same cue today before I got one to shape that wasn't mush.
I've sent back boxes of Triumph's and they sent me two boxes back for my inconvenience. Some of the tips are very soft to the touch and I can peel the pad off the tip with my fingers. Some of my customer still want inexpensive one piece tips, and Le-pro seems to be my only tip that's giving me any satisfaction currently. I use them if the customer doesn't specify, but some still want Triangle or Triumph. What are you using for house cues and folks that want the most inexpensive tip I have?:eek:

Update on Tweeten tips,
They have been doing some checking and called to tell me they found a couple issues. One was a change in their process that they were not aware of. They asked if I would be willing to help with some feedback, and I said yes, so they are sending me some tips for testing. So happy they actually looked into this issue and got back with me. Will let y'all know when I get the tips!
I'm wondering if tips go bad when exposed to the air. Might make sense they have a lot in stock and with all the competition in tips they might sit on the shelf a very long time in varying temperatures and humidity. Gus used to keep his in a jar I believe vacuum tight , at least the type I was using. I've had plenty go bad out of the box. Just seem to crumble, mostly either Lepro or elk master. Never had layered tips do that?

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering if tips go bad when exposed to the air. Might make sense they have a lot in stock and with all the competition in tips they might sit on the shelf a very long time in varying temperatures and humidity. Gus used to keep his in a jar I believe vacuum tight , at least the type I was using. I've had plenty go bad out of the box. Just seem to crumble, mostly either Lepro or elk master. Never had layered tips do that?
Have you tried storing your non-layered tips in a small humidor? Been doing this for years for all my stock of tips with no problems.

dendweller

Put two more on this morning, they shaped fine and hit like they should. That's 3 out of 10. Haven't had a bad one yet.

Personally I like the hit of the triangle tips. They hit like I like them to on both soft and harder shots.