Tried a different league, and...

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my friends asked me to be on his Monday night BCA 9 ball league. I used to be on his Tuesday night VNEA 8 ball bar box league, and I absolutely hated it.
So I like this format each player breaks once and we play two games each match, to ten games total. And we get to play on the 9' diamonds, so that is another plus.

So for my first game I get the break, I break and run out great way to start off the summer league haha. Then I end up winning all ten games so that was another plus.

I think they don't have me rated right because I've never played BCA so they started me as a 6 and highest person on the other team was 5.x and he couldn't run 3 balls to save his life. I don't know how the rating system works just yet.

My opinion on BCA league....it's pretty fun.

Last edited:

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think they don't have me rated right because I've never played BCA

Don't think they don't have you rated right? I'm going to assume you didn't mean the double negative and you were trying to say you were rated too low to start. Trust me, more run outs and blank outs for your opponents and you will start to be rated correctly. In the meantime, enjoy the experience.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We have 7 different league in the Valley of the Sun, all trying to attract the same pool of Pool Players. Think it is like the trucking biz, with a lot of promises, and people moving from league to league.

IMHO Pool Would Not Suffer from Just ON LEAGE WITH ONE SET OF RULES for all of Pool.

Spantiznik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my friends asked me to be on his Monday night BCA 9 ball league. I used to be on his Tuesday night VNEA 8 ball bar box league, and I absolutely hated it.

Sorry to hear that one. Been playing VNEA 5 years now. And I have to say that I have been having a blast.

Yes, there are somethings that I don't like, but I think that comes down to what you are expecting to get out of it.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
BCAPL has player ratings?... really? How do they handicap?... assuming that is why they have player ratings?

Guess that I have been away from it for too long. :confused:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I like this format each player breaks once and we play two games each match, to ten games total. And we get to play on the 9' diamonds, so that is another plus.

So for my first game I get the break, I break and run out great way to start off the summer league haha. Then I end up winning all ten games so that was another plus.

I think they don't have me rated right because I've never played BCA so they started me as a 6 and highest person on the other team was 5.x and he couldn't run 3 balls to save his life. I don't know how the rating system works just yet.

My opinion on BCA league....it's pretty fun.
Glad you had a good time.I do wonder if you had went 5-5,or 1-9 if you would have posted this;)