Trying to identify this set of balls, unique font

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These came with a high end table I got recently, having it refelted with 860hr so trying to ID these to know if need to buy some phenolic balls or not. Have spent well over an hour scrolling images of various sets and using Google lens and haven't been able to identify them yet. Aramith crowns have the same style with the numbers in the white area on the stripes, and the aramith premiums are the only ones that have the same font for 9 and 6 which have the numbers in the stripe. Far as I can tell these are not made by Aramith. Haven't seen anything with the font on the 12. Anyone recognize these? TIA

Attachments

• Compress_20230325_174114_4755.jpg
    Compress_20230325_174114_4755.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 121

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These came with a high end table I got recently, having it refelted with 860hr so trying to ID these to know if need to buy some phenolic balls or not. Have spent well over an hour scrolling images of various sets and using Google lens and haven't been able to identify them yet. Aramith crowns have the same style with the numbers in the white area on the stripes, and the aramith premiums are the only ones that have the same font for 9 and 6 which have the numbers in the stripe. Far as I can tell these are not made by Aramith. Haven't seen anything with the font on the 12. Anyone recognize these? TIA
It's cloth.
Why in hell do people keep calling it felt?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not positive but i think those are Cyclop balls.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So ya. The balls...or is there a more technically correct term I should be using, "numerically coordinated phenolic spheres"?
I think those are bar table quality….and if you buy new balls, don’t buy the premium balls…they’re second rate…words should mean something.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think those are bar table quality….and if you buy new balls, don’t buy the premium balls…they’re second rate…words should mean something.
Will probably go with centennials if these turn out to be junk. I've had a 4 tables now that have come with various low end sets and these have a much nicer polish which has me curious about them, could have just seen very little use too though.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Compare them to pics of aramith continental balls .. they look very similar without comparing them myself
Sure you aren't thinking of crowns? The continentals have a very unmistakable look with white numbers and rings located in the striped section.