trying to make room in my house for table help?

raven5000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in a San Francisco Victorian house. I want a 9 foot diamond pro am table! NoRoom!
Thinking about hiring a structural engineer and architect to knock out some center post and dig down into the foundation of my basement to make a room for a table. I want to do it the right way! Anybody in the same area as me or anybody with experience of doing this! What are my options? I don't want to move, I love the area I'm in. Any help greatly appreciated.
:)
 
Really large cupola and reinforced ceiling. Probably a big reach but it is a idea. Pool room with a view.
 
Last edited:
Question

I live in a San Francisco Victorian house. I want a 9 foot diamond pro am table! NoRoom!
Thinking about hiring a structural engineer and architect to knock out some center post and dig down into the foundation of my basement to make a room for a table. I want to do it the right way! Anybody in the same area as me or anybody with experience of doing this! What are my options? I don't want to move, I love the area I'm in. Any help greatly appreciated.
:)

I do not know much about this but it sounds like major work to knock out center post and then to dig down into the foundation. Have you given any thought to adding a first floor addition for your Pool Room? The work and cost may be less, if it is feasible for your property. I hope what ever route you choose it works out , I think having a home table adds much to the game and your enjoyment.
 
You have no basement now? Your house is 100+ years old? I can give some help if you have some details.

I've been rebuilding/restoring them for many years from top to bottom.

Best,
Mike
 
I think that lots are extremely small in SF, probably doesn't have the setbacks for adding on to the structure unless it's up.
 
I live in a San Francisco Victorian house. I want a 9 foot diamond pro am table! NoRoom!
Thinking about hiring a structural engineer and architect to knock out some center post and dig down into the foundation of my basement to make a room for a table. I want to do it the right way! Anybody in the same area as me or anybody with experience of doing this! What are my options? I don't want to move, I love the area I'm in. Any help greatly appreciated.
:)

Thank god you don't play tennis. Anyway I'm pretty sure a structural engineer will steer you clear of removing any support posts in an old Victorian house. I used to own one myself.
Of course if you are made of money pretty much anything is possible.
 
Back
Top