Tucson Pool Rooms?

Rip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be in Tucson, Az next week and would appreciate info on pool rooms in that area with 1 pocket action on 9 footers. Not interested in recreation rooms if you know what I mean.

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a couple of poolrooms where you might find some 1P action: Pockets on S Wilmot and 22nd Street and Click's on N First Ave.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP, the guy in the Avatar Picture of the above poster will give you 10-5 for $100 race to four. That will be a even race and both sides have to work hard.

Last edited:

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a couple of poolrooms where you might find some 1P action: Pockets on S Wilmot and 22nd Street and Click's on N First Ave.

Although I haven't been there in years (was stationed in AZ while in the military about 20 years ago - for whatever good a 20 year old review is), but I agree with Clicks. Cool place to play.

Rip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP, the guy in the Avatar Picture of the above poster will give you 10-5 for $100 race to four. That will be a even race and both sides have to work hard.

Hey Vagabond. Since I haven't hit a ball in months, my eyesight is questionable (round objects appear square), and I have a hangnail, I would also require the break in all games, three free fouls per game without penalty, and two games on the wire. :yikes: :eek:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Vagabond. Since I haven't hit a ball in months, my eyesight is questionable (round objects appear square), and I have a hangnail, I would also require the break in all games, three free fouls per game without penalty, and two games on the wire. :yikes: :eek:

That is all you want and You do not want anymore? Have fun in Tucson. Try some very good Mexican food over there.

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip, did you get a chance to get to the Tucson poolrooms this past week? Just wondered if you found any action and who you might have played. I'll be at both poolrooms sometime today during the day (no night time Friday 4/10), willing to try you some

Last edited:

Rip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip, did you get a chance to get to the Tucson poolrooms this past week? Just wondered if you found any action and who you might have played. I'll be at both poolrooms sometime today during the day (no night time Friday 4/10), willing to try you some

Hi Gum, there wasn't enough spare time this trip for me to get away and play. As we were leaving town I noticed the intersection of Wilmot and 22nd and had to fight the urge to leave my wife sitting in the car for 6 or 7 hours so I could play some! ;)

Thanks for the info and invite but I'm back in LV and heading to the Cue Club.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll be in Tucson this week mostly for the US National 3-Cushion Championship, but I may have some spare time. Are Pockets and Clicks still the places to go?

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still was when I left there in April, while I didn't get a chance to go to Pockets myself last winter a few of the local guys did play in a nine ball league. I believe that they have recently had the tables recovered and have also removed the 3C tables. really don't know about Clicks.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be in Tucson this week mostly for the US National 3-Cushion Championship, but I may have some spare time. Are Pockets and Clicks still the places to go?

Hi Bob,

20 years ago I would say Clicks was the best place, but times have changed.
Pockets has 8 Diamond 9 ft tables and a few Gold Crowns which are slow but sure getting replaced.
I would go to Pockets on Wilmot/22nd area.
They also have a pretty good BLT and Italian Grinder sandwiches. w/ beer battered fries of course :)
There day rate is $8 from 11AM to 6PM.
I'll PM my number to ya, maybe we could hit some around.....

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still was when I left there in April, while I didn't get a chance to go to Pockets myself last winter a few of the local guys did play in a nine ball league. I believe that they have recently had the tables recovered and have also removed the 3C tables. really don't know about Clicks.

The 3C tables have been removed. They all got replaced with Diamond 9ft tables.