Turning Stone Classic XXXIII: players list, predictions, updates

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Anybody have pictures of the brackets, as AZ brackets still dont work on half the phones in the world.

Probably head down there in a bit.

Fortunsky, Kazakis....last four A-side
Shaw vs SVB or Sossei other-A-side

C3662DA7-8F86-46BE-AFD4-5FCCF6AD99FF.jpeg

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Shane breaks dry, with the 4 ball hanging halfway in the side pocket. Wide open table for Jeremy.

Jeremy runs to the 3, but misses.

Shane runs out to win 9-8.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aranas literally played and won a game in the time it took JS to play a shot and then decide what to do with the next one.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Damn! That’s strong. I just started watching with the Shaw match. On a side note, Danny D needs to ride off into the sunset. He just doesn’t have the focus anymore.

Just got a text from a friend....loves Danny D’s commentating.....
...different strokes

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aranas literally played and won a game in the time it took JS to play a shot and then decide what to do with the next one.

It was pitiful. The incredible thing is how much faster he was racking than he normally does at this event. :boring2:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a text from a friend....loves Danny D’s commentating.....
...different strokes

Your friend must be closer to his age than mine. What got me was his disrespect for one of the other guys in the booth. And then the stupid dog show crap. It was funny when the other guys just ignored him.

But you're right, different strokes. I just muted and what he'd the Ravens get their arses handed to them.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What time the matches start on Sunday? 11am est?

Hopefully its shaw vs shane on the tv table.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not read a post here.

Anybody who sees Shaw playing...the man will not be stopped.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prediction

Shane or Shaw wins it

This tournament is no different than any local weekly tournament.

You know the ones where it's $10 entry. Handicapped. Yet, the same guy always wins even though he has to give up last 5 to half the field.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This tournament is no different than any local weekly tournament.

You know the ones where it's $10 entry. Handicapped. Yet, the same guy always wins even though he has to give up last 5 to half the field.

They are at another level than the field...much higher

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anybody please post brackets of remaining winners and losers? The phone app is impossible.
Thanks

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anybody please post brackets of remaining winners and losers? The phone app is impossible.
Thanks

Unfortunately they are cut off at the bottom on my laptop, so not sure what the answer is.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL, I see there is a book about Danny D. What the heck, Amazon says it will be here Tuesday, so why not? On the one hand, it seemed like he was going overboard criticizing Jeremy S in his match against, SVB, on the other hand when a guy is slow and just keeps getting slower and slower as the match goes on what else are you going to talk about during the 5+ minutes it takes him to execute a shot?

Never played anywhere close to that level, but holy cow, his opponents spend a lot of time in their chair if he's at the table just waiting and waiting . . . . it was fun when they switched to watch Earl (and even Arananas) dispatching games efficiently.

Like the other guy said, he got there by using his style, but to me (again, non-expert) he just seemed to get more and more methodical - overthinking? Nervous? Is it just pressure magnifies the tendency? No clue.

He seems to have some really good results regionally - was this his usual pace? I noticed his next match went into the wee hours and made the mistake of staying up and watching, lol.