Turning Stone Classic XXXIV 9-Ball Open January 6-9, 2022 PLAYER LIST

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My money is on Bucky Souvanthoug this year!! He is due to snap this off!!
You don't like your money.

GanjaSanta.jpg

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zuglan is a really good and fair guy, I wonder if a true apology would let him play again on like a probationary status.
Doubt it.
Mike has moved on too.

Pool just don't have much to offer him. Plus so many were making a monkey of him....which he brought on himself in many ways. Still sad for US pool to lose such a talent.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Filipinos?

For those in lower latitudes, the Iron City Open on Birmingham, al. is Jan 4-9. I have heard that Sky, Roberto Gomez, Tony Chohan, robocop, Effren, and others are all confirmed. I do wonder how Sky is confirmed for both....

VVP

Registered
No, that's not correct. The International 9-Ball Open a couple months ago had the 9-ball on the spot, but most of the other major events of late were Matchroom events, all with the 1-ball on the spot -- Mosconi Cup, World Pool Championship, World Pool Masters, World Cup of Pool, Championship League Pool, and U.S. Open 9-Ball.

But you were correct about Turning Stone using a triangle rack (not a template) and a break box (central, 2-diamonds wide).
Thanks for this information. I could have sworn that the tournaments you mentioned were 9 on the spot. Maybe they were 9 on the spot at some point and changed over the course of time?? I recall hearing that Masconi used to be 1 on the spot and was changed to 9 on the spot to make the games more difficult, but it looks like it was changed back to 1 on the spot. Of course, I can be totally confused because I am just following Pool for 2 years now. Anyway, thanks again.

Nice to see at least 14 top players in this field; Appleton, Archer, Chinahov, Deuel, Gorst, Hohmann, Immonen, Morra, Shaw, Strickland, Styer, Thorpe, Van Boening and Woodward.

Been a long time since there was this much talent at Turning Stone

Anybody know if Upstate Al will be livestreaming this? Have not seen confirmation of that.

PUTTING THIS OUT THERE
If any of these guys want to play one another a big set on Diamond tables while they are in town...I will host it. We can put it up on stream free,
Owner of Salt City Billiards
Located in beautiful Downtown Mattydale.... 30 minutes drive from Turning Stone.

Mike Zuglan's
Joss Northeast 9-Ball Tour
1 Acciavatti, Tom
2 Al Awadhi, Bader
3 Al Shaheen, Omar
4 Al Youssef, Abdullah
5 Antonakos, Greg
6 Antonakos, Nick
7 Antone, Tony
8 Appleton, Darren
9 Archer, Johnny
10 Barretta, Jennifer
11 Bazinet, Chad
12 Boemmels, Brent
13 Bombard, William
14 Braiman, Chris
15 Buttle, Devin
16 Byrne, Dominic .
17 Byrne, Pat
18 Callaghan, Dave
19 Carey, Ray
20 Casanzio, Ron
21 Chin, Holden
22 Chinahov, Ruslan
23 Chiu, Jay
24 Chrysler, Vince .
25 Clark, Kevin
26 Clement, Darren .
27 Cloutier, Eric .
28 Connors, Rich
29 Coppola, Nick
30 Cote, Bill
31 Creamer, Mark
32 Cunningham, Bob
33 Dabreo, Raphael
34 Daigle, Martin .
35 Deocharran, Troy
36 Deuel, Corey
37 Dionne, Marc
38 Docalavich, Jesse
39 Dreidel, Dave
40 Dryden, Paul
41 Dufresne, Pascal .
42 Dupuis, Joe
43 Duvall, Andrea
44 Epperson, Edward
45 Feliciano, Dennis
46 Fernandez, Dave
47 Fleming, Pat
48 Fleming, Steve
49 Francisco, John
50 Garibello, Yesid
51 Gelinas, Alain .
52 Gianfrate, Len
53 Gokey, Fred
54 Gordon, Alan
55 Gordon, Bruce
56 Gorst, Fedor
57 Greenwood, Aaron
58 Guthrie, Brad .
59 Harricharan, Matt
60 Hart, Rob
61 Hernandez, Frank
62 Herring, Earl
63 Hewitt, Dan .
64 Hohmann, Thorsten
65 Hunt, Gene
66 Immonen, Mika
67 Jackson, Shawn
68 Jecen, Jed
69 Jelatis, Demetrius
70 Kam, Marco
71 Kantarevic, Suad
72 Kearney, James
73 Krah, Matt
74 Labonte, Randy
75 Lancey, Sara
76 Lee, Ray
77 Li, Jia
78 Lombardo, Hunter
79 McAndrews, Gregg
80 McNamara, Ray
81 Miller, Richard
82 Mills, Donny
83 Moody Jr. John
84 Moody, John
85 Morgan, Sean
86 Morra, John
87 Oney, Willie
88 Pao, Caroline
89 Pettit, Mike
90 Phlegar, Larry
91 Polo, Don
92 Prather, Jim
93 Pyle, Chris
94 Reigel, Don
95 Rivera, Jimmy
96 Robideau, Bud
97 Robinson, Chris
98 Rockwell, Jerome
99 Rodriguez, Elvis
100 Rodriguez, Jorge
101 Rozonewski, Paul
102 Santoro, Sean
103 Sharlow, Dan
104 Shaw, Jayson
105 Shlemperis, Dave
106 Shoemaker, Mike
107 Shuff, Brandon
108 Smith, Jonathan
109 Smith, Steven W.
110 Sossei, Jeremy
111 Souvanthong, Bucky
112 Strickland, Earl
113 Styer, Tyler
114 Tetreault, Matt
115 Thomas, Alvin
116 Thorpe, Billy
117 Toohig, Mike
118 Turner, Jordan
119 Udischas, Jim
120 Van Boening, Shane
121 Van Court, Glen
122 Vaughan, Garrett
123 West, Kevin
124 Wilkie, Shaun
125 Wolak, Frank
126 Woodward, Skyler
127 Yednak, Mike
128 Zippler, Tom
is this a WPA ranking event?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for this information. I could have sworn that the tournaments you mentioned were 9 on the spot. Maybe they were 9 on the spot at some point and changed over the course of time?? I recall hearing that Masconi used to be 1 on the spot and was changed to 9 on the spot to make the games more difficult, but it looks like it was changed back to 1 on the spot. Of course, I can be totally confused because I am just following Pool for 2 years now. Anyway, thanks again.
Yes, some events have changed the racking location over time.

The Mosconi Cup has changed the location many times! Here is what I can determine from my own viewing plus a quick review of some older videos on line:

1-ball on the spot: 1994-1997, 2006, 2017-2021​
9-ball on the spot: 2004, 2007-2016​
Neither the 1-ball nor the 9-ball on the spot (spot in between them): 2000, 2002, 2003, 2005​
Unknown (I could not find video): 1998, 1999, 2001​

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m just over an hour away and really enjoy this tournament. Great to see the top players, and watch some locals that I’ve played against match up there too.
It’s a great day for us, some gambling with the dice, a nice dinner, and lots of pool.
Hoping Vic Conte is there with his 4T5 table on the side as well.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears that the original list of 128 players may not be up to date in this thread, as I have read on Facebook that some of the players, like Sky Woodward, will be playing at the Iron City Open in Alabama at the same time of the Joss Turning Stone event.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My money is on Bucky Souvanthoug this year!! He is due to snap this off!!
Bucky doesn't "have" to lose to anyone (he's beaten Shane, Earl and Oscar there...to name a few). When he get's his confidence up and some lube in his elbow, he's a very dangerous player. On average though, he's an underdog to the top 20 so the probability of winning the whole thing is pretty slim.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bucky doesn't "have" to lose to anyone (he's beaten Shane, Earl and Oscar there...to name a few). When he get's his confidence up and some lube in his elbow, he's a very dangerous player. On average though, he's an underdog to the top 20 so the probability of winning the whole thing is pretty slim.
Bucky is an great player and a nice guy. I hope he does well also

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I BELIEVE this is one of the very few major events (if there is any other) where the 1 and NOT the 9 ball is on the spot. They do use mechanical racks though and you have to break from the box. Please let me know if I am wrong.
It appears that the original list of 128 players may not be up to date in this thread, as I have read on Facebook that some of the players, like Sky Woodward, will be playing at the Iron City Open in Alabama at the same time of the Joss Turning Stone event.
Nobody wins when tourney dates step on each other.

Hope your well,
Fatboy😀😀