Turning Stone Classic XXXVI

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a little trouble navigating the brackets. Any upsets in the tournament so far? I see Fedor is plowing through the field. Nice to see Mika hanging in there on the winner's side. The Sky Woodward v. Johnny Archer match will be fun to sweat. Love seeing Franke Hernandez and homeboy Kevin West doing well. Billy Thorpe is making a statement and is in the house. Donny Mills did well last time at Turning Stone. He's in it to win it again.

The B side of the chart, I can't quite navigate to see who's in and who's out. The free streams with Upstate Al and the real-time bracket info is a godsend, though. I wish all tournaments had this, with an emphasis on "free." :cool:

Interesting how many international players there are since this has become a so-called "Matchroom ranking event." ;)

The player I'm following and very interested in is the 25-year-old, Vitaliy Patsura from Ukraine. He started polaying pool at the age of 11. He first dreamt football. Due to a broken arm, he decided to drop out of this kind of sport. After that, his friend Yuriy persuaded him to try playing billiards. In 2016, 7 years after he began playing billiards, he became the champion of Europe.

304824586_856375155344107_2335240991762271967_n.png

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, have you purchased it yet? That OnSitePool portal has repeatedly had issues in the past streaming multiple tables at other events. Has it improved? A pretty weak field anyways.

I’ve seen some not so good pool on the free stream. I’m not sure I want to pay just to see Fedor and a couple of other professionals when eventually they will end up on table 8.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a little trouble navigating the brackets. Any upsets in the tournament so far? I see Fedor is plowing through the field. Nice to see Mika hanging in there on the winner's side. The Sky Woodward v. Johnny Archer match will be fun to sweat. Love seeing Franke Hernandez and homeboy Kevin West doing well. Billy Thorpe is making a statement and is in the house. Donny Mills did well last time at Turning Stone. He's in it to win it again.

The B side of the chart, I can't quite navigate to see who's in and who's out. The free streams with Upstate Al and the real-time bracket info is a godsend, though. I wish all tournaments had this, with an emphasis on "free." :cool:

Interesting how many international players there are since this has become a so-called "Matchroom ranking event." ;)

The player I'm following and very interested in is the 25-year-old, Vitaliy Patsura from Ukraine. He started polaying pool at the age of 11. He first dreamt football. Due to a broken arm, he decided to drop out of this kind of sport. After that, his friend Yuriy persuaded him to try playing billiards. In 2016, 7 years after he began playing billiards, he became the champion of Europe.

View attachment 679759
Nice story about Patsura, but I'm sorry his last win had to be at the expense of Tommy Zippler, a local player I played many times at the former Big Daddy's in Glen Burnie. He got to the hill at 8-7 but Patsura came back to send him into the loser's bracket.

Reactions: JAM

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see Archer win one more. It's weird watching him struggle after being so dominant for so long.
To be top level, even the best has to play 40 hours plus a week.

I pull for him too...he represents one of the best eras of pool when it was promoted on ESPN. Showed alot of grace over the decades that he was the man.

Bahgs

Loaded winner's side matchups today: Thorpedo vs Sossei, Naoyuki Oi vs Vitaliy Patsura, Archer vs Sky Woodward. Great matches. Jayson and Fedor in action too, of course.

WardS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice story about Patsura, but I'm sorry his last win had to be at the expense of Tommy Zippler, a local player I played many times at the former Big Daddy's in Glen Burnie. He got to the hill at 8-7 but Patsura came back to send him into the loser's bracket.
He won the Texas Open, there are usually really good players competing.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Someone please tell the commentator to come up for air, breathe a little, let the game play out.
It's constantly, I would do this, I would do that, my pattern, me, me, me, non stop trying to become relavant.
Please stop talking, especially about yourself.