UltraSkinLayered HH ready for testing

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I need to hear from CueJo, Rick and a gentleman that has a arm control problem to be the guini pigs. I don't know what HARDHard is supposed to hit like. It however is ready for testing, give me a shout.
Thanks

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
My guess is they will be a little harder than the red ones :smile: which aren't that hard, so you can still play with them.
What color are they going to be?
I would pick blue, but pretty soon there won't be any good colors left.

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom are these a hard playing tip? Or are they designed to be a jump break tip? Richard

Last edited:

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom are these a hard playing tip? Or are they designed to be a jump break tip? Richard

JB2, they are the hardest version to date that I have been satisfied with.

I jump 2 balls out with any tip. A piece of chalk away I am going phenolic. On a Break I like control, I don't just slam into a pack, I play the head ball in the side or cross corner.

You can more answer the question yourself in a couple few days.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to hear from CueJo, Rick and a gentleman that has a arm control problem to be the guini pigs. I don't know what HARDHard is supposed to hit like. It however is ready for testing, give me a shout.
Thanks

Most of my customers like the soft, but I really like the hard tips! I'd like to try one if you don't mind. I wish I would have known before I ordered last week. Looking forward to hearing about these. :grin:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I'm excited.
I personally play with a kamui black hard.
I'm hopin the ultra hh will be real close.

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can shoot with soft, medium, or hard tips, I use to play with nothing but hard tips, but now I prefer something between the top side of soft and medium for the most part. My break cue though... the harder the better. I have installed several of these tips on customer cues since i got them, and so far no complaints. I just changed My personal playing shaft over to one This morning, and have a match tomorrow night ( last one of this session). I'm going from a sniper to one of these in medium. I notice from installing them that they seem to run a hair softer then the rating suggests, so I'm hoping a medium will be close to what I am use to. They just moved me back to a seven, don't look like I can talk My way out of it this time, and I'll probably have to spot a game to someone that I play near even speed with, so I Hope I can adjust quickly. I'm sure I will play fine with It. The fine adjustments, and speed control would be My only concern, Sometimes those take a few times out until I feel fully confident with a new tip.

rick9005

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Tom it's Rick.Yahoo i can hardly wait.I love HH tips.Do you still have my information or should I PM it to you.Thanks a lot Tom......Rick.

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It took Me a few warm up races to get the feel of the tip that I installed yesterday, but by the time My match came up I was good to go, and took a 5/2 win in a even race against another 7. A decent 7 at that, so I'm pretty happy so far. They are good tips for the money. Seemed to hold shape fairly well, I may need to trim one time, but after that It should be fine.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I recall some said UltraSkin Hard were "not as hard as you expect from a hard tip", hence this new version I believe.

I finally got my first order of US's, will be very interesting to see how they hold on pyramid cues. If reviews are true that UltraSkins are a bit softer than their hardness claimed, then for pyramid players H (red) will be more preferrable than M. And for those who want real hard tip, the new HH could be a solution.

Hope to see how the guys picked for the test like it.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I got my HH in the mail yesterday.
I will try to install it tonight and will get some time on it in the next couple days.
I'm looking forward to it.
I will be removing a kamui blk hard on my main shaft and installing the proto HH ultra on it.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Ok.
I installed the HH tonight.
I had previously pressed a ultra hard in my picone tip press, I pressed the H with a little water/isopropyl mix.
I installed the HH on one of my players, and the pressed H on another.
I just shot a couple racks with each shaft, and I have to say I liked both!!
I will put a few hours on each thus weekend and follow up, but I really liked the feel of both the HH and the pressed H.
I shoul also make clear that I whacked off two perfectly good kamui black hard tips for this experiment.
So far so good!

The HH definately felt harder while trimmin and shaping, but seems like the pressed H feels very similar to the HH while shooting.

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interested as well in the HH

Hey Tom, I am interested in the HH as well, I'll order some now if able.