Undet the table footlocker

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to make an under the table storage box: A footlocker to use under a Gold Crown III. Has anyone done this or seen something that worked well?

I saw one at K-Mart for $250.00 but figure that for $$60.00 I can make one from 3/4" oak plywood and some hardware.

Seen any cool ideas?

Sorry for the misspelling I did not see it until I hit Post

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would a military type footlocker work? Is there room enough beneath the GCIII to allow the lid to open fully? Or, will slide out drawers work.

To store-balls, rack, table cover, cues... or what nots?

Would you leave it just under the slate? Would it be immediatly behind the rack for the extension/bridge beneath the side of the table?

Interesting idea-it prompts questions.

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
I have an aluminum diamondplate truck toolbox (the kind that straddles the bedrails behind the cab) mounted on 4 caster wheels so that it slides in & out easily.
You can find these toolboxes on Craigslist all the time for $50-60 , they're
just the right size , and they're SHINY . . . . so pretty . . .

mine has the lid that opens full length , like a coffin . I think the ones that open from either side would be awkward for this application . . .

Lots more economical than $250 !!

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be in our club house and used to store various stuff, balls, racks, cue repair stuff, etc. So I need to lock it to the table legs, probably with some sort of bicycle cable lock. I am thinking about a military style foot locker with an upper tray. However, I might put it on wheels so it would roll out from under the table as needed.

While it might be military style, it would be made of 3/4" oak and probably stained and varnished to match the table. Currently I am thinking of using hardware similar to what is found on a guitar case and possibly lining the locker with felt.

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an aluminum diamondplate truck toolbox (the kind that straddles the bedrails behind the cab) mounted on 4 caster wheels so that it slides in & out easily.
You can find these toolboxes on Craigslist all the time for $50-60 , they're
just the right size , and they're SHINY . . . . so pretty . . .

mine has the lid that opens full length , like a coffin . I think the ones that open from either side would be awkward for this application . . .

Lots more economical than $250 !!

Now that is a neat idea, thank you.

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am planning on doing the same sort of thing at home under my table. The idea I came up with and it appears like it's going to work pretty well is to use an old blanket chest we bought at an auction a few years ago. I stripped it down and stained it the same color as my home table. The dilemma was what to do about the inside, I wanted somewhere I could hold some small bits and pieces, but leave space for bigger items too. What I eventually decided to use was an old watch display case, again picked up at an auction, but anything similar would do, jewelry case, tool box etc. All I need to do now, to finish the project is work out how to get it in and out, I haven't actually settled on the final choice yet. I want to get it right first time, the easiest would be just to fit some castors to the bottom. I have some other ideas about using sliding platforms just want to take my time before I come down on the final choice.