Uniloc to Radial

Tony1013

Registered
This might be a dumb question but i was wondering if it is possible to change a joint thread from a uniloc to a radial.. :confused:

Thanks

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
This might be a dumb question but i was wondering if it is possible to change a joint thread from a uniloc to a radial.. :confused:

Thanks

i dont consider your question is a dumb:D. As a cuemaker, yes it is. I did many kinds of that.;) If you have a plan on changing your joint pin,Lot of cuemakers here are on the list.

Tony1013

Registered
Will it effect the playability? The reason why im asking is cause i have a 314 first generation (uniloc) which i want to put on my new custom which has radial.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Will it effect the playability? The reason why im asking is cause i have a 314 first generation (uniloc) which i want to put on my new custom which has radial.

No problem whatsoever. Any of the quality cuemakers here can replace the brass Unilock insert in your shaft. It can be replaced with wood, phenolic, or material of your choice...then bored & tapped to fit your Radial pin cue. You may want to measure the o.d. and make sure that the shaft isn't too thin at the joint collar & that it will indeed be fat enough to match well with the Radial butt. It'd be very wise to check this first before considering any work. As you know, not all shafts/butts are made with the same o.d. specs.:wink: As for playability...IMHO...it'll play way better as I prefer the Radial hit/performance/feel over any shaft with a brass insert.

Last edited: