US Open 9-ball updates thread..

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Faces Ralf Souquet next! He frequently highlight's Ralf's mastery of patterns, so this has to be a treat for him.
Thanks all! Tough set! I was up 7-5 and ran to an easy 8 ball to go up 8-5. I just choked plain and simple. Next thing you know it was 7-7. He came up dry and I got through a moderately tough rack, then at 8-7 I broke and got a total cosmo and I got the job done. I was a little fortunate he wasn't breaking too well and I got just enough chances, but I did play well at the end again to get it done.

Yes, Ralf is my hero. I've played him twice. He roasted me at DCC once in the 9 ball, and I scalped him in a bank set there a few years ago. Obviously he is a going to give me all I want. He's no spring chicken but his style doesn't age out poorly and he's still playing great. Still, I look forward to the set and hope I can make it a fun challenge!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pc comb.jpg

:ROFLMAO::LOL:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Thanks all! Tough set! I was up 7-5 and ran to an easy 8 ball to go up 8-5. I just choked plain and simple. Next thing you know it was 7-7. He came up dry and I got through a moderately tough rack, then at 8-7 I broke and got a total cosmo and I got the job done. I was a little fortunate he wasn't breaking too well and I got just enough chances, but I did play well at the end again to get it done.

Yes, Ralf is my hero. I've played him twice. He roasted me at DCC once in the 9 ball, and I scalped him in a bank set there a few years ago. Obviously he is a going to give me all I want. He's no spring chicken but his style doesn't age out poorly and he's still playing great. Still, I look forward to the set and hope I can make it a fun challenge!
That's awesome - I hope we get to see you on one of the streamed tables.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
College Football has high ranked teams beating schools no one has ever heard of every week by scores of 35+, and plenty of people still watch.
I agree dog races are fun to sweat. Perfect pool can get dry. Watching C players can get old until you bet on them. Even that’s fun, sweating to see if they land on the right side of the next shot makes for great action!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few shots in, and this guy looks a little better than Judd's last opponent. Doesn't appear to be great though.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Judd with a break run up 3-1. The "rough start" hasn't been uncommon for the pool players, to be fair. Oi traded racks with his opponent up to 3-3, then nearly ran out the set.

VVP

Registered
Looks like we need to get our local Tin Man on a Table 2 for live streaming in his next Match. He already has two light-heavyweights under his belt. Keep it up Tin Man best of luck!!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s 2 brackets now the American side(losers bracket) and the winners side(everyone but a couple Americans) Sad situation for the US Open.

We as Americans have been downgraded to being hosts for a prestigious event, not a competitor. What went wrong?

Sad situation,
Fatboy

PS: Congrats to the rest of the world!