US Open 9-ball updates thread..

gerryf

Improbable for sure, but Trump winning vs Shaw would be great for pool...
I wonder if a hill/hill match would be best for pool?

If Shaw wipes out Trump, maybe that's not so good, I'm not sure.
If Trump wipes out Shaw, again, hard to see anything positive in that, unless Trump's next match is also hill/hill against a major player. (Oi or Grabe?)

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I wonder if a hill/hill match would be best for pool?

If Shaw wipes out Trump, maybe that's not so good, I'm not sure.
If Trump wipes out Shaw, again, hard to see anything positive in that, unless Trump's next match is also hill/hill against a major player. (Oi or Grabe?)
I see Shaw crushing Trump (with multiple trips at the table) as a big win for pool. First it will give pool fans something to hang their hats on regarding the supposed difficulty of the game, and it could inspire other notible snooker players to try and make a mark where Trump couldn't...?

gerryf

I see Shaw crushing Trump (with multiple trips at the table) as a big win for pool. First it will give pool fans something to hang their hats on regarding the supposed difficulty of the game, and it could inspire other notible snooker players to try and make a mark where Trump couldn't...?
There does seem to be something about the equipment.

Neither Trump nor Shaw had a runout this morning. JL Chang had 5. Oi had 0. Thorpe had 0. etc. I would have expected at least one or two runouts each match??

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting how people are picking up on Trump's mistakes, yet the top pool players are getting a free ride when they make mistakes under pressure. Whatever happens against Shaw, we are ready for the guys who have predicted 20 of the last 2 recessions saying "I told you so".

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting how people are picking up on Trump's mistakes, yet the top pool players are getting a free ride when they make mistakes under pressure. Whatever happens against Shaw, we are ready for the guys who have predicted 20 of the last 2 recessions saying "I told you so".

where do you think he was TPA wise?

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where do you think he was TPA wise?
I've seen him play only 36 racks of 9 ball (his first 36 racks in competition as far as I know) so I have no idea. Looking forward to seeing him play more though. Phil Yates will have a field day either way and that's ok with me - I'll just enjoy the pool.