US Open 9B October, 2022 -- Atlantic City

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
btw Finnish guy who is still in did not lose a rack in 21 games. won 2x 9-0 games on that run.
Besar Spahiu and Billy Thorpe :)
Now he is trailing 3-4 though.
That could be some kind of record? AtLarge? :D

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
roland garcia first one through. looks like mario he and melling will join him, two entertaining players

edit: melling, mario through

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that was really intense thriller. One of the best matches so far. You can see everyone was glued to Kazakis every shot. Not sure if Kazakis can survive the next match after exhausting all his energy in that match :LOL:
So many big names eliminated in just this early round of 64

800club.JPG

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow...what a day so far...Shaw out, Albin out, Fedor, out, Shane out...Yapp, Alcaide.

Shaw's performance might have lost him his Mosconi spot for this year.
And even though Gorst was cruiseing through the US tournaments this year, I think his forced absence from the international stage and the competition with the top players resulted in a loss of sharpness.

Anyway, everything is set up for another Filler party at a Matchroom event.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
For the record, I despise the single-elimation rounds combined with the short races! This takes away from the Open being the greatest tournament in the world.
I agree. I actually like single-elimination from the round of 64 on, but make it races to at least 11, if not 13. Logistically it would still be easier than running a double-elimination tournament all the way to the finals. Short races are for bangers like me.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More big names falling like flies
Ko Pin Yi, Niels, Wojciech, Sanjin, Sky all OUT.
:LOL:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oi is out.
Styer v Filler coming up on Table 1

If Styer can pull off another upset and get past Filler, he'll face Kaci tomorrow, for what will surely be the longest match of the event.

Assuming they won't shot-clocks on the outer tables.
That match will be longer race to 10 some more :LOL: