US Open Bracket Mess up???

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Can someone fill me in on the bracket mess up and what's happening at the OPEN?

I just got done cheering Mitch Ellerman on and saw his victory over Stephan Cohen 11-8 and then Mitch would face Rodney Morris.

Then 15 minutes later the Live Scoring changed to all weird opponents and it showed Warren Kiamco was up 6 - 1 over Mitch Ellerman. Only 15 minutes had passed and now they played 7 games and against a different opponent.

Is the scoring correct? Opponents?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here, I was waiting for him to play Rodney Morris according to the brackets. Iwas shocked to see him, now losing to a different opponent.:confused:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lag I understand, but it looks like the brackets had the wrong names, unless the flip flopped when Mitch won against Cohen. They haven't updated the brackets yet.

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looked to me like when they initially posted the players coming from the winners side they transposed the players in each bracket. For example in loser bracket 1 Shane was at the top and Earl at the bottom. It ended up being Earl at the top Shane at the bottom. I think someone just messed up the intial update to the brackets.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The write-up on the front page of AZB had Rodney waiting for the Cohen/Ellerman match. Mitch wins and plays Kiamco. I was wondering myself if there was a mess up.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The crossovers were different from the standard 256 player crossovers that we have coded into the bracket system. Jerry called me in the hotel room to fix them. That is why they changed mid day.

Mike