US Open draw worry

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
I always get nervous when I see draws like the Open this year.

9 byes in bracket 1, 9 byes in bracket 2, 12 byes in bracket 3 and 7 byes in bracket 4

What happened in brackets 3 and 4? With 37 byes that means that 3 brackets should have 9 byes and one bracket should have 10 byes. Anything other than that is unfair to every player involved.

We all know that things happen. What happened to make the draw so bias to bracket 3 and unfair to the players in bracket 4? Any one have answers?

Thank you

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bracket 4 has the least byes, and yet there's a ton of monsters there.

We got Ko Pin Yi, David Alcaide, Ronnie Alcano, Busti, Mika, Biado, Burford, Li He Wen, Chris Melling, Lombardo, Nick Van Den Berg, and SVB bunch together there...

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member

9 byes in bracket 1, 9 byes in bracket 2, 12 byes in bracket 3 and 7 byes in bracket 4

What happened in brackets 3 and 4? With 37 byes that means that 3 brackets should have 9 byes and one bracket should have 10 byes. Anything other than that is unfair to every player involved.

We all know that things happen. What happened to make the draw so bias to bracket 3 and unfair to the players in bracket 4? Any one have answers?

Thank you

The draws had been completed but then some additional players were added at the last moment. Some players that had byes had already been advanced to the next bracket but then with the new additions they now had opponents to play and brackets had to be fixed. Brackets were still being updated last night at 7 pm....mistakes or errors are sometimes common when in a big tournament these things happen.....but don't you worry....I have not seen any player fezzing up about it...

Wags

Silver Member
Thanks jueg,

That makes sense as to why there is so few byes in bracket 4 but doesn't explain to me why there are so many in bracket 3.

The draws had been completed but then some additional players were added at the last moment. Some players that had byes had already been advanced to the next bracket but then with the new additions they now had opponents to play and brackets had to be fixed. Brackets were still being updated last night at 7 pm....mistakes or errors are sometimes common when in a big tournament these things happen.....but don't you worry....I have not seen any player fezzing up about it...

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
This is the second thread you've started about the US Open. The first thread was about missing money and was very misleading to say the least.

This thread about bracket 3 and 4 byes?

You need a new hobby.

Thank you

Wags

Silver Member
I guess I expect a tournament of this magnitude to be held to the highest standards possible. Anything less than that is not acceptable in my book nor should it be for anyone.

At least 4 players that paid a $500 entry fee got disadvantaged because of the draw. How would you feel if that was you?

There had to be a reason for it.

I care because it's the US Open and want things to be done correctly. If you don't care how tournaments are set up and run there's not much I can do about that, except to tell you to please put me on your ignore list since it seems to bother you so much.

This is the second thread you've started about the US Open. The first thread was about missing money and was very misleading to say the least.

This thread about bracket 3 and 4 byes?

You need a new hobby.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I expect a tournament of this magnitude to be held to the highest standards possible. Anything less than that is not acceptable in my book nor should it be for anyone.

At least 4 players that paid a $500 entry fee got disadvantaged because of the draw. How would you feel if that was you?

There had to be a reason for it.

I care because it's the US Open and want things to be done correctly. If you don't care how tournaments are set up and run there's not much I can do about that, except to tell you to please put me on your ignore list since it seems to bother you so much.

I think getting whoever was responsible for the draw up in front of a camera and having them try and explain how the the seeds and byes were assigned would make for some pretty entertaining TV :)

Lou Figueroa

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
actually, i don't see their disadvantage, as long as no one got a second round bye.

with each of the brackets being 64 players, +/-4 or so byes doesn't sound very significant, statistically speaking.

jmo.

-s

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think getting whoever was responsible for the draw up in front of a camera and having them try and explain how the the seeds and byes were assigned would make for some pretty entertaining TV :)

Lou Figueroa
Lou
It would bother me too if I were in the group with 7 byes and one of the other groups had 12. Two players in the first group presumably never had an opponent when the draw was completed and two ftom the other group had a bye to which they were not really entitled. Was there a criteria for who got a late additional opponent (or who didn’t get one),

Wags

Silver Member
I would like to see that also. Good idea. Tap...tap...tap

Lou Figueroa