US Open Jim Wych drinking game

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
There was a Brit commentator some years back that did pool and darts, had the funniest comments, one was "Hoodini himself with a tub of vaseline couldn't get out of that safe!"

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a Brit commentator some years back that did pool and darts, had the funniest comments, one was "Hoodini himself with a tub of vaseline couldn't get out of that safe!"

That was likely Sid Waddell (d. 2012) who was known as "The Voice of Darts" and who also did some pool.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I like Wych's commentating. He's knowledgeable, articulate, and knows to not bludgeon the listener with constant babble.

I think he's great. Maybe it's our Canadian bias. My favorite Wynchism is "That went in the tradesman's entrance".

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The commentating was best, imo, when either Jim or Karl was half the team..
...they are good players so their analysis of what happened or was about to happen
was quite excellent.

but I'm a bit upset with Mr Wych for not mentioning when a ball wobbled into the pocket..
...hitting both jaws and hesitating before dropping 'That ball wiped its feet on the way in."

and I'm a bit upset with Mr Boyes for not mentioning, when someone choked....
.."He lost his bottle."

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Big Jimmy Wych fan here, but there's one thing he often says that makes me a little crazy. When he talks about the break, he always talks about players trying to figure out "the measure of the break," to me a truly bizarre way of saying they are trying to figure out the break.