User C P, Those little green squares and Rep points

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am amazed at how many people are not aware of the awesome features that are available in the USER CP (User Control Panel).

The first thing I always do, when I log on, is check my User CP.

This tells me about any PM's( Private Messages) I have and lets me know if anyone has responded to threads I'm subscribed to!

I can also read nice messages that people leave when giving approval reputation! This also tells you your current reputation point count.

Maximize your AZ experience by utilizing the USER CP!! It's Awesome!

Ray
(now I've got to go spread some spice):thumbup:
 
Yup, I just checked and it seems I got my first "bad" rep. :frown:

I try to be pleasant with posts, but I understand some will disagree with my opinions. And, yes, I have been dragged into the NPR political threads more than I would like.

I actually pm'd the guy who said "Stupidity was no excuse" whatever that means, if I was stupid for disagreeing with him, being a conservative, asking a question or providing the evidence I did in response to someone else's question.

Oh well, I suppose on the internet "you're stupid" is a valid argument. :thumbup:
 
Yes

dirtypool40 said:
Yup, I just checked and it seems I got my first "bad" rep. :frown:

I try to be pleasant with posts, but I understand some will disagree with my opinions. And, yes, I have been dragged into the NPR political threads more than I would like.

I actually pm'd the guy who said "Stupidity was no excuse" whatever that means, if I was stupid for disagreeing with him, being a conservative, asking a question or providing the evidence I did in response to someone else's question.

Oh well, I suppose on the internet "you're stupid" is a valid argument. :thumbup:

Did you have any nice messages along with green rep?

Ray
 
Ahhhhh

Smorgass Bored said:
What is this 'Rep' you speak of so fondly ?

Doug

The ever elusive "green rep" stories!

Why do we always here about the red rep stories. "Rep" could stand for repeat! "Rep" could stand for repeat. Did I say that already?

We sure don't want to bring Politics into this thread do we? :eek:

Have a great day!

Ray
(Up way too early) or am I? :indecisive:
 
Bigtruck said:
The ever elusive "green rep" stories!

Why do we always here about the red rep stories. "Rep" could stand for repeat! "Rep" could stand for repeat. Did I say that already?

We sure don't want to bring Politics into this thread do we? :eek:

Have a great day!

Ray
(Up way too early) or am I? :indecisive:

I thought that was how it started.
 
Bigtruck said:
I am amazed at how many people are not aware of the awesome features that are available in the USER CP (User Control Panel).

The first thing I always do, when I log on, is check my User CP.

This tells me about any PM's( Private Messages) I have and lets me know if anyone has responded to threads I'm subscribed to!

I can also read nice messages that people leave when giving approval reputation! This also tells you your current reputation point count.

Maximize your AZ experience by utilizing the USER CP!! It's Awesome!

Ray
(now I've got to go spread some spice):thumbup:


How do you subscribe to a thread?
 
Neil said:
LOL. I got one too for saying something against the big O. But, he already learned that a vote for him was expensive. Mine the other way wasn't. LOL

Did I miss a thread about the big O?! Dammit....

;)
 
Bigtruck said:
I am amazed at how many people are not aware of the awesome features that are available in the USER CP (User Control Panel).

The first thing I always do, when I log on, is check my User CP.

This tells me about any PM's( Private Messages) I have and lets me know if anyone has responded to threads I'm subscribed to!

I can also read nice messages that people leave when giving approval reputation! This also tells you your current reputation point count.

Maximize your AZ experience by utilizing the USER CP!! It's Awesome!

Ray
(now I've got to go spread some spice):thumbup:

Ray,

It seems like everytime I try to give a rep to someone it always says I "have to spread it around" Whats with that ? :confused:

Dick
 
Trigger, everyone knows that the big "O" is a myth! (That's what my wife says, so I don't feel so bad.):grin-square:
 
You can set it up so that when you get a pm, you'll get an email telling you about it before you even log in.
 
ribdoner said:
How do you subscribe to a thread?

Also in the User CP>Edit Options>Messaging & Notification>Default Thread Subscription Mode: Chose "No Email Notification. If you set it up like that any thread you post in will be subscribed to automatically.

Then when you click on user CP, any threads subscribed to, that have been posted in to will be listed.

Steve
 
Last edited:
Oh yeah!!!

Pushout said:
You can set it up so that when you get a pm, you'll get an email telling you about it before you even log in.

I set my e-mail address to my cell phone text address. I get a summary of ALL responses to my subscribed threads. Instantly notified! Then I can respond, if I want, from my I-phone instantly.

I love technology!!

Ray
(can spice from anywhere)
 
Bigtruck said:
I set my e-mail address to my cell phone text address. I get a summary of ALL responses to my subscribed threads. Instantly notified! Then I can respond, if I want, from my I-phone instantly.

I love technology!!

Ray
(can spice from anywhere)

Then why go to your User CP page when you first log on, if you are getting emails every time someone posts a reply or pm's you. :rolleyes: :p
 
Good question!!

akaTrigger said:
Then why go to your User CP page when you first log on, if you are getting emails every time someone posts a reply or pm's you. :rolleyes: :p

Each thread will only send one response. Then you must log on to get more. :D

Ray
 
Bigtruck said:
Each thread will only send one response. Then you must log on to get more. :D

Ray

But your User CP wont show each response - just that someone has replied to a thread, just as an email sent to you says the same thing.

Me thinks you are really going to CP to check the "comment area." ;) :p :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top