Using a bar cue for draw...

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I'm no expert on the physics of draw, but I just read every page of the thread and only saw two quick comments about the cue ball, both of which were ignored. It's not just about the cue ball, btw, but about the object ball as well. If the cue ball is lighter than the object balls then there's probably your answer. It is the first thing I would check before worrying about the vibration frequency of the cue or the phase of the moon. Can you go back to that pool room and try the same thing using an object ball as the cue ball? Switch the cue ball and the object ball and see if anything happens.

Valley cb with the purple logo on it.

The table was a Valley, too, and the balls were old but not horrible or worn or marked up much. The cloth seemed to be a little thicker, as I said, with maybe a backing to it.

I might get back there this year, don't know. If I do, I'll try to repeat what happened and then buy the cue from the bar.

Thanks, everyone for all the great posts!! Very helpful

Any more thoughts from anyone are certainly welcomed.

Jeff Livingston

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I'm no expert on the physics of draw, but I just read every page of the thread and only saw two quick comments about the cue ball, both of which were ignored. It's not just about the cue ball, btw, but about the object ball as well. If the cue ball is lighter than the object balls then there's probably your answer. It is the first thing I would check before worrying about the vibration frequency of the cue or the phase of the moon. Can you go back to that pool room and try the same thing using an object ball as the cue ball? Switch the cue ball and the object ball and see if anything happens.
Very good ideas.
Love this thread Jeff!