USPS brought me a GIFT :):):)

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got home from work today and this was at my house.....

The bad part was it turned up looking like that on the outside and wasn't insured so they left it at my front door without signature :(

The good part was.....well just look at the pictures :D i'm speechless!!!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Nice case, and equipment.

I had a cue show up the other day about a week late and the tube looked like it had been folded, no damage inside thankfully. Last week I had a cue set at the local UPS hub for 4 or 5 days before it was delivered. Thats just a couple instances but in the last month I bet I have had half a dozen like that. Lately it seems like every shipping agency has had some problem or another.

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup it was supposed to be here on Thursday and it got her today, I sold my old case to a guy on here and I felt terrible because it was like four days late from USPS. It sucks but i mean its just the way it is I guess.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
what holds the insert inside the case? does it just come out freely or does something hold it in?

chris

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Got home from work today and this was at my house.....

The bad part was it turned up looking like that on the outside and wasn't insured so they left it at my front door without signature :(

The good part was.....well just look at the pictures :D i'm speechless!!!

-
That box took a beating! A employee might of had a hand in it accidentally coming open from a weak spine... I've always added tape to the body of the packages I've shipped when possible, I've had shipping/mailing post employes package and handle my sent or received items like a rag doll.

Shipping tape reinforcing corners,closed ends and easy access points on packages is suggested. If that box would of had a small item inside it would of not arrived with the rest of it.

Sweet case' good thing no damaged happened during shipping.

Rob.M

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just sold a cue and it wasnt an expensive cue. . I always ship 2nd day USPS, insure it etc.

Well after I shipped it, I started getting tons of PMs wanting tracking numbers, etc....Frustrated, I told the buyer, that I had shipped it, insured and I told him to relax. Apparently he didnt want to be told to relax...:eek:

I said I sent it 2nd day, and frankly was pretty busy, and but eventually sent the tracking numbers. Apparently, I mistyped and sent a bad number.

After about 20 more PMs, :rolleyes:, and 3 days AFTER I shipped it, I looked it up again, and saw that the package was stuck in Charleston WV, because of a chemical leak and the entire city was shut down.

I told the buyer that I cannot control the weather, shipping, or acts of God.

I havent looked to see if he actually got yet or not.

I am wondering if I can get the shipping charges refunded because they didnt get it there in 2 days as promised.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The insert has super strong Velcro along the middle that keeps it there. Then if you want it out you just pull to clean it or display cases or whatever.

As far as USPS the only way to get it "guaranteed" is USPS priority express which us normally next day or two days but whatever they say us money back guarantee. It's pricey though.

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a super case you have now !

Of special interest are the 2 new additional "pockets" fixed on the sleeve . usefull for a 2-parts jump butt , or standard 47cm masse shafts.
That's an excellent idea. (atm I use removable pockets velcro-ed on my 4x8 sleeves , made for me by JB -for free, thx again, john- )
John, is it now a new standard on your butterfly sleeves ?

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
After about 20 more PMs, :rolleyes:, and 3 days AFTER I shipped it, I looked it up again, and saw that the package was stuck in Charleston WV, because of a chemical leak and the entire city was shut down.

I am wondering if I can get the shipping charges refunded because they didnt get it there in 2 days as promised.

Ken

If there is a shipping guarantee they will refund it. I was going to post a list of all the shipping screw ups I have delt with lately but didnt want to take away from the OPs thread topic.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I just sold a cue and it wasnt an expensive cue. . I always ship 2nd day USPS, insure it etc.

Well after I shipped it, I started getting tons of PMs wanting tracking numbers, etc....Frustrated, I told the buyer, that I had shipped it, insured and I told him to relax. Apparently he didnt want to be told to relax...:eek:

I said I sent it 2nd day, and frankly was pretty busy, and but eventually sent the tracking numbers. Apparently, I mistyped and sent a bad number.

Ken

Typically you can get the money back or partially if they don't deliver in the time frame that they guarantee.

I just received a partial refund from the USPS for a 2 day package that took ten.

I also always choose the notify buyer option where I can put in their email whenever possible. I fill out all my labels online so I can do this. That eliminates the pms and emails asking for tracking #s and encourages the receiver to do the tracking. They will usually notify you if there is an issue.

Frank, sorry the box took a beating. It is 5 ply corrugated and usually does not need to be reinforced. That one got mangled. We don't bother with insurance since we are the maker and can replace the case if something happens. I suppose I should offer insurance as an option or raise my prices to cover it but with something over a thousand cases in the past four years I have only lost a couple to theft and damage.

Glad you like it, now people are asking me for jump cue and extension sleeves on them. :)

Hope it gives you many many years of good service.

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem there John, things happen I know it was out of your control. Just another reason to buy a case like yours from a guy like you that would cover it if there was a problem. For anyone ever thinking about buying a case from JB you will never be disappointed. I LOVE the sleeves inside as well, everyone that has seen it absolutely loved them.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No problem there John, things happen I know it was out of your control. Just another reason to buy a case like yours from a guy like you that would cover it if there was a problem. For anyone ever thinking about buying a case from JB you will never be disappointed. I LOVE the sleeves inside as well, everyone that has seen it absolutely loved them.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

By the way Frank, this synthetic leather is kind of special. It's furniture grade and done extremely well with the basketweave pattern. I say extremely well because it was in fact used on high end furniture at one time. JB Cases customer Jive Ong, who owns a furniture factory traded me a very limited quantity of this material in exchange for some work. So you are one of the very few people on Earth who will ever have a case made from this material.