usps tracking

dendweller

This picture says it all, from beginning to end. I think the majority of work on that tracking system was coming up with the unique number they use.

Attachments

• IDontKnowEmoji.png
    IDontKnowEmoji.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 54

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sometimes it tracks well for packages I send or receive, via priority or express mail. Other times, nothing until it arrives.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Motor vehicle supposedly sent us a title for my wife's new car the other month. We never got it, yet they say it was sent. Now to get a title we have to apply for a duplicate title and pay $20 to get it, yet we never got the main title that we paid for in the first place. Governments workers at their finest.

Last edited:

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
About five years ago I sold a cue on eBay, bought insurance, packed it up and took it to the post office. There was a long line so the clerk motioned to a big pile of packages and said if I already had a paid label just put it in the pile. I did so and the cue was never seen again. And I couldn't collect on the insurance because the post office had no record of the package being delivered to the post office. No cue, no insurance and nobody at the post office was nice about it in any way. Since then I have used UPS exclusively: very nice, very careful people, reasonable prices and NEVER A SINGLE PROBLEM.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About five years ago I sold a cue on eBay, bought insurance, packed it up and took it to the post office. There was a long line so the clerk motioned to a big pile of packages and said if I already had a paid label just put it in the pile. I did so and the cue was never seen again. And I couldn't collect on the insurance because the post office had no record of the package being delivered to the post office. No cue, no insurance and nobody at the post office was nice about it in any way. Since then I have used UPS exclusively: very nice, very careful people, reasonable prices and NEVER A SINGLE PROBLEM.
Ahhh... I see.... you where a fool. Sorry but that's the truth. I too have had foolishness cost me money.

No way I would have thrown it In a pile without the clerk scanning it first. My post office scans my packages the instant I hand it to them.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

One nice thing about livin' inna sticks is No lines at PO, The single person that works there knows me
heck, only about 300 souls in the zip code, so who don't they know???
I've experienced a few misdirects but item showed up within a few days each time. If it goes to any of
the 4 or 5 in the area they just give it back to the driver and send them to the proper PO.
Knock on wood.

hank

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over 100 transactions at 100%. Have never had a problem with USPS. I did have to chase down packages from Fed-ex and UPS delivered to the wrong address

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don't lose stuff but the tracking went from itinerary a few years ago - literally predated stops, to anti theft puzzles more recently. I think a lot of times on short legs, and hops the vehicles are loaded once and just go back and forth; your package with it.

Pool Hand Luke

Our PO has been re staffed in the interest of diversity and inclusion. Now when we ask for the help we used to be provided, we get a blank stare and "It's not my job." The most recent example is telling me I needed exact change to pay in cash or I had to use a debit card. So if I had exact change she would have taken my money, but the next person in line wouldn't be allowed to receive change if they paid in cash even though my cash was already in the drawer and available. I had been going to this PO for 45 years, yet there wasn't a single person left that I knew still working there.

I took my package and drove 10 minutes to the next town and explained what happened. The clerks looked at each other in disbelief and then processed my package and happily gave me change back from my $10 bill. A few days later when dropping off some out of town mail which I can do without waiting in line for a staffer's "help" I saw a woman with a clipboard surveying customers about this particular PO and their quality of service. It's a start.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our PO has been re staffed in the interest of diversity and inclusion. Now when we ask for the help we used to be provided, we get a blank stare and "It's not my job." The most recent example is telling me I needed exact change to pay in cash or I had to use a debit card. So if I had exact change she would have taken my money, but the next person in line wouldn't be allowed to receive change if they paid in cash even though my cash was already in the drawer and available. I had been going to this PO for 45 years, yet there wasn't a single person left that I knew still working there.
Is that your way of saying the only bad postal employees are POC?

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ahhh... I see.... you where a fool. Sorry but that's the truth. I too have had foolishness cost me money.

No way I would have thrown it In a pile without the clerk scanning it first. My post office scans my packages the instant I hand it to them.
What a condescending and insulting response to me, a long time AZB poster. There were about 30 people in line at the post office, one clerk and that was the choice I was given. I wish someone like you was with me there to help me avoid being a fool. At least I "where" a fool instead of "were" a fool. Do me a favor pal and never ever respond to any of my posts again.

Your hostile response is why many people find AZB toxic and leave.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m a postal worker. Some areas/regions are better than others. My district strives for 99% or better when it comes to parcel scanning. It’s drilled into us on a daily basis. Of course, it’s not so easy in other areas. Live in Florida? Imagine having to deal with the constant changes of address they deal with, people moving every few months, having to keep track of forwards, etc. it’s not so easy.

Carriers are being asked to deliver more and more parcels in the same amount of time, in addition to letters, magazines, etc. Meanwhile, the plant is full of useless people, who get bailed out by the unions, whose offices are right down the street. Most of the time, when mistakes are being made, it’s at the plants, which are the size of several Walmarts put together.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m a postal worker. Some areas/regions are better than others. My district strives for 99% or better when it comes to parcel scanning. It’s drilled into us on a daily basis. Of course, it’s not so easy in other areas. Live in Florida? Imagine having to deal with the constant changes of address they deal with, people moving every few months, having to keep track of forwards, etc. it’s not so easy.

Carriers are being asked to deliver more and more parcels in the same amount of time, in addition to letters, magazines, etc. Meanwhile, the plant is full of useless people, who get bailed out by the unions, whose offices are right down the street. Most of the time, when mistakes are being made, it’s at the plants, which are the size of several Walmarts put together.
This makes sense.

dendweller

My frustration is not with the people, it's with the software. When their tracking detail is telling you that it's in a different state at 5pm on a Saturday stop telling me it will be there by 9pm that night, it's just silly. And I have to say, I've never seen a usps delivery come at 9 at night and to be honest, I'd would rather they didn't deliver at 9pm.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a condescending and insulting response to me, a long time AZB poster. There were about 30 people in line at the post office, one clerk and that was the choice I was given. I wish someone like you was with me there to help me avoid being a fool. At least I "where" a fool instead of "were" a fool. Do me a favor pal and never ever respond to any of my posts again.

Your hostile response is why many people find AZB toxic and leave.
Sorry you are so sensitive. I pointed out I am not above foolishness in sentence number 3. And forgive my phone for auto correcting and using the wrong word. I didn't catch it.

And you WERE (i made sire it was spelled right that time) foolish. You had 3 choices... do what the clerk told you to do, wait in line, or come back later. You made the decision. Suck it up buttercup. Live and learn.

Last edited: