usps tracking

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry you are so sensitive. I pointed out I am not above foolishness in sentence number 3. And forgive my phone for auto correcting and using the wrong word. I didn't catch it.

And you WERE (i made sire it was spelled right that time) foolish. You had 3 choices... do what the clerk told you to do, wait in line, or come back later. You made the decision. Suck it up buttercup. Live and learn.
The purpose of my post was to help others learn from my error. Dumping on people who are trying to help others isn't a great operating plan. At least I got an apology --"sorry you are so sensitive" -- oh wait that's not an apology just another insult.

dendweller

The purpose of my post was to help others learn from my error. Dumping on people who are trying to help others isn't a great operating plan. At least I got an apology --"sorry you are so sensitive" -- oh wait that's not an apology just another insult.
Below is the line you're taking offense to, I can see where you might, but he clearly said he's been guilty of the same type of thing. So how ever irritated the "you were a fool" got you, I think you're over playing it.

"Ahhh... I see.... you where a fool. Sorry but that's the truth. I too have had foolishness cost me money."

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The USPS used to be fabulous. BUT that was a long time ago. Not sure when exactly they went into the pooper but the slide downhill has been epic.

Almost all of my mail is flyers for businesses I will never use. They go from my mailbox to the recycle bin!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You made the decision to throw it in a pile without scanning instead of waiting a little bit . At least you admit your error.

As I said, I too have had foolishness cost me money. But I don't blame other people for my mistakes. I own them, learn from them, and don't repeat them.

dendweller

This picture says it all, from beginning to end. I think the majority of work on that tracking system was coming up with the unique number they use.
So I shipped something on Tuesday, silly me, forgot to upgrade the insurance. Turned around and went back and asked and she said I'd need to pay for another label, another 33 bucks. I figured I'd risk it. Since Tuesday afternoon there have been no scans on the package. Still lists at being at the office I left it at, I think I'm going to loose a couple hundred.

On the other hand, I just shipped a taig headstock, used pirate ship for a ups label, under 13 dollars. Safe to say, I'm done with usps, long live pirate ship.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Safe to say, I'm done with usps, long live pirate ship.
The problem I see is that they have no carriers so they are dependent on the other services to receive/carry/deliver the packages. I just got a quote for 12 pounds through Pirate Ship, and the cheapest service offered was USPS. It was also less than a third of what the USPS asks for on their site.

I guess until USPS catches on and puts similar rates on their site -- or stops giving those rates to Pirate Ship -- it will be an amazingly good deal. It just seems too good to last.

dendweller

The problem I see is that they have no carriers so they are dependent on the other services to receive/carry/deliver the packages. I just got a quote for 12 pounds through Pirate Ship, and the cheapest service offered was USPS. It was also less than a third of what the USPS asks for on their site.

I guess until USPS catches on and puts similar rates on their site -- or stops giving those rates to Pirate Ship -- it will be an amazingly good deal. It just seems too good to last.
My package was 12 X 6 X 8, 5 pounds. I think usps was about 1.20 more. Right now I'm not that happy with usps so it was easy to go ups.

I hope it lasts.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where can a 1000 black and white loafers be found. Which shoe store?

Nope… The USPS

dendweller

So I shipped something on Tuesday, silly me, forgot to upgrade the insurance. Turned around and went back and asked and she said I'd need to pay for another label, another 33 bucks. I figured I'd risk it. Since Tuesday afternoon there have been no scans on the package. Still lists at being at the office I left it at, I think I'm going to loose a couple hundred.

On the other hand, I just shipped a taig headstock, used pirate ship for a ups label, under 13 dollars. Safe to say, I'm done with usps, long live pirate ship.
I tracked it this morning, it got scanned in MN. So no one scanned it from Tues after noon when I handed to them till Friday night when it got to MN. So maybe their software isn't so bad after all. If they don't scan it, you aren't going to have tracking.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The usual thing when dealing with shipping, it all sucks now! Decades ago now, before the huge strike, UPS was pretty good. They never got back the corporate loyalty they didn't deserve from their help anyway, but it is the customers who pay. Back when a 25" or 26" CRT was a high dollar item the UPS driver dumped it at the door and ran. Forklift fork holes through both sides of the box, dead center! Lots of glass rattle. Many another cute move. Even when they try to help they are bad. I had $3000 worth of electronics coming in a small box. With daily thundershowers I told them to make it signature required. I was pulling in as the UPS truck was pulling out. My package was already delivered, the driver electronically signed for me! Yep, they can copy your signature after the first time you have signed.

Enough damaged packages and I moved to usually slightly higher FedEx. When FedEx went to crap I went to USPS which does the least damage to packages if they send them to you at all, or so it seems to me. I liked DHL when I could use it. Others had bad luck with them.

It really doesn't matter, whoever you ship with will screw up if you give them enough chances. How they deal with it is a big consideration however it seems they all suck there too. I am no longer in business and have to admit I plain hate shipping anything anywhere!

Hu

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Could Pirate Ship be drop shipping packages across the country and letting USPS ship the last mile?
That could save on shipping cost but would also slow the delivery time.

dendweller

Could Pirate Ship be drop shipping packages across the country and letting USPS ship the last mile?
That could save on shipping cost but would also slow the delivery time.
I assumed they just have a deal with each shipper, the way ebay does. When I used it, I printed a ups label with a ups tracking number and dropped it off to get scanned at the local ups office.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assumed they just have a deal with each shipper, the way ebay does. When I used it, I printed a ups label with a ups tracking number and dropped it off to get scanned at the local ups office.

UPS will negotiate price based on volume with large shippers.
I don’t think USPS does this. USPS prices are not negotiable.

dendweller

UPS will negotiate price based on volume with large shippers.
I don’t think USPS does this. USPS prices are not negotiable.
I tested it out, put in a box 34 X 6 X 6. UPS was 10 or so, USPS was 27 so apparently had the 15 dollar surcharge in it for the over 30 inch box.
Pretty good, ups is 17 dollars cheaper and their people actually scan the packages as they travel through the system.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I tracked it this morning, it got scanned in MN. So no one scanned it from Tues after noon when I handed to them till Friday night when it got to MN. So maybe their software isn't so bad after all. If they don't scan it, you aren't going to have tracking.

UPS aside from doing load scans does something they call virtual scans, which is just recording where the package should be! The post office just doesn't scan anything and I have had packages delivered before the second scan as often as not seems like.

UPS did have a deal where they shipped to a nearby post office. Slower than slow! I watched my package come across country making pretty good time with UPS. They did show it as delivered when they gave it to the post office. Then it sat for days seventy-five miles above me. Then it went right past me and seventy five miles in the other direction where it sat for days in another big post office depot. Took three weeks or so to get to me and appeared to be lost with no updates for the last two weeks. This shipping method stinks! You get the crappy handling of UPS and the snail slow pace of federal workers who have their jobs protected and don't give a damn sometimes.

I don't know if anyone else does this composite crap. You save very little and get horrible service.

Hu