Vacuum for pool table?

jjspelman

Can anyone recommend a brushless vacuum for a pool table? I have heard, and agree, that you shouldn't use a cleaner with a brush so as not to ruin e felt.

But I am thinking the little brushless ones like the dirtdevil would take a long time due to the small size of the suction area.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a brushless vacuum for a pool table? I have heard, and agree, that you shouldn't use a cleaner with a brush so as not to ruin e felt.

But I am thinking the little brushless ones like the dirtdevil would take a long time due to the small size of the suction area.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
The little handheld oreck canister vacuums work wonderfully. They have a hard surface attachment, one with bristles, and a crack tool. They have a long cord so you can do the whole table without looking for another plug. They work well, light weight and not too noisy. They use bags, but for pool table only a $12 8 pack of bags should last decades. Very good little vac for tables.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I used a handheld with a brush it created nap ("hair") on my 860 Simonis, making it too slow.

I probably vacuumed too often for a home table (every couple days).

pj
chgo
I’d hit it with the vacuum every 20-30 hours of play I’d guess. Twice a week on average. It will pull the nap up a little, after I use it I’d wipe the cloth with a damp towel to polish up the cloth.

mrpiper

Registered
It's expensive but our home vacuum is a Miele C3. It has 8 settings for suction strength. I put it on the lowest setting for curtains and use a small furniture attachment that came with it. It pulls out all chalk and after just over 20 years, I still have my original Mali cloth. No pills or problems

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:oops: You played 50 hours a week? My hero.

I did that too, to get as much chalk dust as possible - it napped up anyway.

pj
chgo
Wasn’t always me. I had everyone over at the Vegas house you could imagine. But when I was playing I played 40 hours a week. I have to play that much to improve, zero talent :(

best
Fatboy

Nyquil

I got a smaller shop vac with two extensions one is a 10 inch stiff bristle and the other is softer circular brush. The stiff one does a great job pulling everything up and the circular one does a great job getting on the top of the rails etc. I just wouldn't use anything that rotates or use a vacuum that has too much suction.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wifey picked this one up a few months ago.
The handheld part of it works great with the accessory brush.