Vacuum Recommendations

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all honesty, unless you like vacuuming, you're better off going to a big box store and getting a generic "roomba" robot vacuum for under $100.

They have short bristles... it doesn't matter. They aren't like the old "beater bars" of days gone by. I've used one for several years, the pool hall near me uses one daily for several years. They don't hurt the cloth and they save you the tedium of doing it yourself. You literally sit the thing on the table at the end of your session and hit "30 minutes." They can even work in the dark.
Exactly! Yep, put it on the table and go do something else while the Robot does the work for you.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly! Yep, put it on the table and go do something else while the Robot does the work for you.
And you can always play this:
i've seen it played 'first ball made collects' and also 'last ball standing collects'. 'First ball' is a lot faster. Its like robotic craps. Crazy.

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This works great with any small vacuum.

I got this too for my Dyson. It works great too, just expensive when you include the vac.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you’re already invested in Dewalt Max batteries for drills etc like I was, this $100 cordless works great, and also powerful enough for floors and garage use (https://amzn.to/3SaMA4r):

1705853914216.png

I added this $16 horsehair brush attachment - at a foot wide, I can do my 9’ table in about a minute (https://amzn.to/3SaSK4i):

1705853980982.png

chenjy9

In all honesty, unless you like vacuuming, you're better off going to a big box store and getting a generic "roomba" robot vacuum for under $100.

They have short bristles... it doesn't matter. They aren't like the old "beater bars" of days gone by. I've used one for several years, the pool hall near me uses one daily for several years. They don't hurt the cloth and they save you the tedium of doing it yourself. You literally sit the thing on the table at the end of your session and hit "30 minutes." They can even work in the dark.
I was told not to use a rotating brush by Simonis. Doesn’t the roomba have one?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eureka EasyClean Lightweight Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, Hand Vac Corded, 71B, EasyClean-Yellow https://a.co/d/1lCkt87

I bought this one on amazon in 2019. I took it apart to remove the brush. The cord is a mile long. It has a crevice tool to get under the rails and inside the pocket.

It also had a plastic bump at the back that I filed smooth so I can rest it on the cloth entirely and just drag it back and forth.

I love it. Perfect with the mods. It was $40.

Unfortunately it’s not available. Idk if there is a similar replacement.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
They have very short bristles. Yes, they rotate. I understand wanting to take good care of your cloth, the stuff is expensive. I would not recommend anything that would damage cloth to you. Simonis is covering their ass. Some harsh bristles like the old beater bar type could harm the cloth. These don't. They will not reduce the life of your cloth. If anything keeping the grime and old chalk out should make it last longer.

After about 4-5 times of doing it by hand you'll probably be sick of the process. These work. I'd rather run a couple racks of 9B and set the "roomba" to work instead of cutting the night short in order to clean.

I used to use a handheld Oreck and while it worked well, it is pretty annoying to spend several minutes doing so. I saw the robots in action at a local hall and at a buddy's place. It's really nice to have a clean table and not have to spend time cleaning. If your time is worth anything to you it doesn't take too many weeks of cleaning to get your money's worth. I think the one I bought was $95 at walmart.

I have Simonis 860 as does the pool hall and my buddy has 860HR.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a low power vacuum without any rotary brushes that will be good to use for cleaning my pool table cloth please? Thanks!
I've used a 1 hp Shopvac for over 20 years. Using the bristle attachment.

Mobiker

The room where I play uses a Roomba and it does a great job. If I had a home table, this is exactly what I would do.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rotating bristles on robot vac's are not going to harm the cloth. What Simonis is referring to is old school vacs with the aggressive beater bars/rotating heads. Roomba style vacs work fine.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cordless for $39? That doesn’t sound right, unless it comes without the necessary batteries?
I assume it doesn't. But I already have m18 fuel batteries so it's a good deal for me. We have one at work. Use it to vacuum out our tractors when out (or in) of the shop. Works damn nice.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just make sure it’s not crazy suction. I’ve had a few that can suck up actual objects.
My shop vac is pretty stout and I’ve had no issues using it on my Simonis the past 8 years. Some say you shouldn’t vacuum because is will stretch the cloth out. I disagree based on experience.